Will Microsoft launch Surface Phone in MWC 2017?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt it since the software still isn't there and they're probably going to want it to be better than a "960" would be probably.

Of course there could be surprises like the Surface Book but frankly, I'd bet against it.

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I highly doubt it since the software still isn't there and they're probably going to want it to be better than a "960" would be probably.

Of course there could be surprises like the Surface Book but frankly, I'd bet against it.

Agreed. Since MWC is at the end of February and the beginning of March, this means neither RS2 (Creators) or RS3 would be released, so definitely no.

I'd say something like September 2017. 2018 is too late IMO. 3 years no phones is too much.

Sent from mTalk

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
yeah we need some reveals; the W10M market is pretty thin in the US. MS didn't introduce any x60 phones, The surface is an ever extending rumor (2016! 2017! 2018! No Really!) and the Liquid Jade Primo is gone from the MS store(edit: it's still there, the store just sucks). What are the suspected introductions? Cerulean, HP Consumer? Anything else?

Last edited:

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I believe Wharton Brooks are very close to unveiling and MWC is the perfect place to do it. Also, I think HP has had success with how the Elite has been praised but they will release consumer devices, possibly two. So, as far as Surface, I think that MS wouldn't want to upstage either of the others products, but then again I could be wrong because Surface won't be a phone, it will be a device that can make calls and it will be premium so all three will compliment each other. I wish Alcatel was there as well with something else and news of WW release of Idol 4s. 🤓

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
If surface phone even comes out id say early 2018 or end of 2018 if not perhaps not for a few years. Seeing there working on Windows 10 on ARm ad they want to make it perfect.

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
All way too late. It can be technically the best mobile you've ever seen but everyone will have jumped ship and the best mobile will go down with it.

I've seen this all to often as someone who often backs the little guy or the alternative rather then the choice of the sheep. Loved the various obscure devices and computers I've backed, but the end being nigh is usually as the sate Win mobile is in now, with a mix of denial and resignation while sales drop off to zero, developers stop developing, and no new hardware is developed. The only life then is with it in the hands of enthusiasts who will keep a niche going.

I hope to be wrong though and MS really do have something wonderful up their sleeves that will wow everyone. It's extremely unlikely though.

Still, I do like my 640. Roughly the apps I need one way or another, nice to use and awesome battery life, the likes I'll never see on Android (without a brick sized phone).

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping we see a Cerulean reveal there!!!

This would be great to see too!

All way too late. It can be technically the best mobile you've ever seen but everyone will have jumped ship and the best mobile will go down with it.

I've seen this all to often as someone who often backs the little guy or the alternative rather then the choice of the sheep. Loved the various obscure devices and computers I've backed, but the end being nigh is usually as the sate Win mobile is in now, with a mix of denial and resignation while sales drop off to zero, developers stop developing, and no new hardware is developed. The only life then is with it in the hands of enthusiasts who will keep a niche going.

I hope to be wrong though and MS really do have something wonderful up their sleeves that will wow everyone. It's extremely unlikely though.

Still, I do like my 640. Roughly the apps I need one way or another, nice to use and awesome battery life, the likes I'll never see on Android (without a brick sized phone).

We are all putting our faith in the Surface phone, which is great, don't get me wrong, but it is the lack of apps that is killing the platform. Unless Microsoft can fix both the hardware and software problem with one device (Windows on ARM could help bridge the app gap) then the Surface phone will still have the same problems as the phones now have.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
We are all putting our faith in the Surface phone

I am most definitely NOT putting any faith in a Surface phone. :smile: It is likely still a set of concept drawings on a wall somewhere. Probably a bunch of different concepts under the Surface Phone name. It is currently Vaporware.

My faith, if there is any, is in two things:
1. the fact that MS keeps updating the W10M OS.
2. My phone does what I need. Even if they stop updating, it still does what I need.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I am most definitely NOT putting any faith in a Surface phone. :smile: It is likely still a set of concept drawings on a wall somewhere. Probably a bunch of different concepts under the Surface Phone name. It is currently Vaporware.

My faith, if there is any, is in two things:
1. the fact that MS keeps updating the W10M OS.
2. My phone does what I need. Even if they stop updating, it still does what I need.

I agree with the things that are keeping your faith. I do hope the Surface phone is much more than a concept drawing on a wall at this point though. That would be a bummer.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft needs to work on the OS a bit more make it stable then try to rally developers to build apps and convince other manufacture's. With out all 3 the surface phone or Surface mini or anything with surface naming will be a disaster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler