Will my phone get the Windows 10 update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Will my phone get windows 10 update?

I got a lumia 650 at&t unlocked from eBay. When I try upgrading it says no more upgrade available. (I'm currently on windows 8.1). However when I try upgrade advisor, they say I'm gonna get windows 10, and they're working with my mobile operator to get it to me. Since I'm not using AT&T will my phone get windows 10 or not?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will my phone get windows 10 update?

Trolling? Lumia 650 shipped with a version of W10M so you couldn't possibly be on 8.1

Are you talking about the 630?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will my phone get windows 10 update?

I think the OP means 640... AT&T has to approve the upgrade before it gets pushed. I heard a rumor (unsubstantiated) that ATT is pushing W10M in May.

However...

If you use Insider on the Release Ring, the same version is fetched as the recent public Upgrade received by these phones (10.0.10586.xxx): Phones Eligible for Windows 10 Mobile Official.

If your phone is not on the supported list, then 10586.xxx (Threshold) is the end of the line. You may as well use Insider and select Production to un-enroll your phone from Insider, but at least you have W10M. WaaS (Windows as a Service) will deliver future updates within Threshold to you without any Insider access required.

If your phone is on the eligible list and you go Insider and stay on the Release ring you get the next public version early as Release ring in effect is the RTM. This will deliver the most stable Redstone builds to you earlier than OTA push with minimal risk.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes