Will the 930 work on Verizon?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Only Verizon-branded phones will work on Verizon.

So, Icon for you! (which is the Verizon/CDMA 930)

So you can't get an unlocked CDMA phone to work on Verizon? Is there such a thing as unlocked CDMA? Sorry I'm need to this whole unlocked phones thing.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The Verizon version (ICON) would have to be gotten from a source other than Verizon. Verizon "retired" the ICON just a few months ago. Not sure where you are but if you are in the US, you could check eBay, swappa or your local craigs lists.

It's a great phone, have one myself and I love it.

Keep asking questions and hopefully this site can help you get what you need with minimal problems

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So you can't get an unlocked CDMA phone to work on Verizon? Is there such a thing as unlocked CDMA? Sorry I'm need to this whole unlocked phones thing.

Unlocked phones means GSM.
There is no such thing as an unlocked CDMA phone.
HOWEVER, many of Verizon's phones have unlocked GSM radios onboard in addition to their Verizon-y bits. (like all Lumias there)
The GSM standard is used by pretty much everyone except a handful of carriers. Namely Sprint and Verizon.

I believe Verizon and Sprint maintain a whitelist, so even if a Sprint phone was compatible, one does not simply take one phone to the other carrier.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Unlocked phones means GSM.
There is no such thing as an unlocked CDMA phone.
HOWEVER, many of Verizon's phones have unlocked GSM radios onboard in addition to their Verizon-y bits. (like all Lumias there)
The GSM standard is used by pretty much everyone except a handful of carriers. Namely Sprint and Verizon.

I believe Verizon and Sprint maintain a whitelist, so even if a Sprint phone was compatible, one does not simply take one phone to the other carrier.

Thank you for the clarification. So basically you can't use any non-Verizon phone on Verizon?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)