Will the DT-903 wireless charging plate work with the Lumia Icon with the 8.1 developers preview?

W

WPCentral Question

It looks like the DT-903 uses Bluetooth 4.0 for its fancy features according to WPCentral (www.wpcentral.com/nokias-new-dt-903-smart-wireless-charging-plate-bluetooth-brilliant) and the actual spec page (www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/accessory/dt-903/specifications/).

I have a Lumia Icon with the 8.1 developers preview - and I remember reading here (www.wpcentral.com/lumia-icon-81-preview-treasure-tag-cyan) that the developers preview disables Bluetooth 4.0.

Are there any tricks or updates to enable Bluetooth 4.0 on the 8.1 preview before the cyan update? I think its unclear if the Icon will even receive Cyan. Or, would I need to roll back my phone to 8.0 update 3 to re-enable Bluetooth 4.0 (which would suck - I don't want to lose 8.1)

thanks for your input.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen or heard of any tricks or updates to turn on the Bluetooth 4.0 for preview for developers! Only the cyan official update will address this. You would have to roll back your device and I don't think it would be worth it now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manu0620