Will the new Windows 10 S impact or change the app store?

BethlehemSteel

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
With the incentive for schools to get the new 10S computer/system - do you think this will have an impact on developers making apps for the system? Will this help out their phones?

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Might have an impact, but most likely the first apps that come over will be PC only. I think the end goal is to get apps in the store, and then at some point make them UWP, and available for Xbox and mobile.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there will be much impact at all on phones. Even if a LOT of new apps show up for mobile, it really won't move the bar without a major hardware push from MS.
I think for games however, a lot more high quality games will show up on the store. Games that need a lot of power will stay with steam, but anything that doesn't need the latest GPU will want the customer base that can't/won't go to steam.
If a lot of universities move to W10S, then student versions of powerful software suites would need to go to the store. I am thinking of CAD and engineering analysis software, but other areas would move too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99