Will the Nokia Fanboys every get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
So we now have another Samsung Windows phone on the horizon, and just like clockwork the Nokia Fanboys feel the need to come out in droves to spew their usual hate for anything Samsung. But the funny thing is, they have Samsung to thank for making the Phablet a viable market. Yeah, that Massive 6 inch device you're so happy with now, that 1520, was all made possible because Samsung. They showed Nokia and the other OEMs that people will buy a phablet. But Samsung's phablet actually has a reason to be that big. SPen anyone? Nobody else cared to make bigger screens work. Only Samsung. Only Samsung brings the most expensive high tech displays affordable to the masses with your choice of vibrant colors or the most accurate colors on a single mobile display. Absolutely unheard of from any other OEM. Only one company keeps pushing the limits on hardware and software forcing everyone else to step up. The Nokia Fanboys then scream, "Specs Don't Matter!" All the while wishing for high end specs on their Lumias. lol. Makes absolutely no sense, but it seems the Nokia Fanboys have managed to unseat the iSheep for the most delusional Fanboys. So let's all hate on a company that has just dominated the market and steered it in a direction that benefits the consumer. It's called CHOICE!!! Who else gives so much choice. And it's clear to most people that Windows Phone OS doesn't stand a chance without a backer like Samsung. That's the absolute truth. I think that's what really hurts the Nokia Fanboys. Deep down, they know they need Samsung to make a Windows Phone or two in order to bring Windows Phone Mobile much needed attention. I've now got myself a Note 3 and it absolutely destroys ANYTHING on the market without question. But because of this new Samsung Phone, I'm actually looking at picking one up just to tinker with. And That my friends, is the power of Samsung. #TRUTH!

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
While I agree that competition is usually good for the consumer, I disagree with your point that WP needs Samsung to make it, or WP doesn't stand a chance without them. Apple had a starting point and was able to make a success of their device which they made and had their software. MS just bought Nokia and also could do the same thing. (Make it a success) Lets face it Nokia already has in a small way but combined with the deep pockets of MS could really make a big push. Samsung is not needed to make it a success.

Having said that, I like having a choice and hope Samsung stands by their devices and gives the customers a great experience. This hasn't been the case with Samsung devices in the past on WP or even Android for that matter.

On a final note, your post makes you sound more like a Samsung ****** than any nokia ******'s posts I've seen on this site.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
*looks around*

Who are you talking to?

I don't engage in the more juvenile discussions on these forums so it's possible these "Nokia fanboys" exist, but from where I'm standing, there are no non nokia WP8 devices worth buying except the HTC 8x. Anyone would be correct to be skeptical about future releases from other OEMs that clearly favor android markets more.

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Until Samsung can come up with amazing CAMERA HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE, I won't bat a eye at them.

I've used a S2, S3, Note, Note2, S4 and currently own a Tab 3 10.1 which are all junk camera side and that's a big deal to me

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
*looks around*

Who are you talking to?

I don't engage in the more juvenile discussions on these forums so it's possible these "Nokia fanboys" exist, but from where I'm standing, there are no non nokia WP8 devices worth buying except the HTC 8x. Anyone would be correct to be skeptical about future releases from other OEMs that clearly favor android markets more.

One could argue the Ativ S is a viable choice, since it can be tinkered with courtesy of XDA.

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Until Samsung can come up with amazing CAMERA HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE, I won't bat a eye at them.

I've used a S2, S3, Note, Note2, S4 and currently own a Tab 3 10.1 which are all junk camera side and that's a big deal to me

You do realize Samsung, beyond just mobile devices, makes a whole LOT of stuff on this damn planet, including DSLR's? :)

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Having said that, I like having a choice and hope Samsung stands by their devices and gives the customers a great experience. This hasn't been the case with Samsung devices in the past on WP or even Android for that matter. .

You're not serious are you? Other than Nexus devices, Samsung's high end devices are the quickest for updates. People really need to stop jumping on bandwagons and believing the FUD that haters like to spread. Honestly, Updates are no worries for high end Samsung devices. The GS3 is on 4.3 just like the Note 3. And now the Note 3 is getting 4.4.2 as we speak.
Now Windows Phone updates? I have no clue.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
OP, there is an old saying: "two wrongs don't make a right."
That applies to your post and how it is worded.

I always like "discussions" like this. At the end of the day, it boils down to the OS, which is in MSFT's hands. Hardware doesn't matter if the software isn't fully up to snuff. We can argue that Samsung and HTC (and Nokia too) were waiting until the OS supported the processors to do use the hardware accessed by Android to this point.

The best example is the 1020. Lets be honest here...that phone was better off with the S800 chip or at minimum the S600 chip. Why? Reduced shot to shot times and better overall performance.

Now that the OS supports higher resolution screens and that Nokia was able to access S800 chips for the 1520, let us hope that OEMs can now use the next round of hardware at the same time as Android, which would give incentive for differential hardware aimed at consumer tastes.

Right now, all Samsung has to offer in terms of differential hardware is scale of production - which consumers don't care about. Let's hope their offering brings more to the table than a pretty screen, as HTC has done that before with the 8X.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You're not serious are you? Other than Nexus devices, Samsung's high end devices are the quickest for updates. People really need to stop jumping on bandwagons and believing the FUD that haters like to spread. Honestly, Updates are no worries for high end Samsung devices. The GS3 is on 4.3 just like the Note 3. And now the Note 3 is getting 4.4.2 as we speak.
Now Windows Phone updates? I have no clue.

That's the problem. You aren't aware of Samsung's update history with WP8. Until you are, then it makes you sound no different than the "Nokia fanboys" you're taking pot shots at.

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

So the camera is such a big deal with you that you continued to buy Samsung devices from the S2 onward. lol, C'mon now, who do you think you're kidding. Just say you don't care for Samsung because you're a Nokia ******, and that's absolutely fine. But don't hate for the sake of hating because that will make you a delusional ******. You see, I've always said, absolutely nothing wrong for being a ******, but when you become a delusional ******, then that right there is what iSheep are made of.

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
That's the problem. You aren't aware of Samsung's update history with WP8. Until you are, then it makes you sound no different than the "Nokia fanboys" you're taking pot shots at.

I'm not aware of Samsung update history for Windows and I admit it. You see, that's called an honest discussion. And in the mean time, where did I bash Nokia to make Samsung look better. That's the difference between ****** and delusional ******. As I've said, nothing wrong with being a Nokia ******. But it's the delusional ones that really hurt the image of the ******. Currently the Nokia ****** on these forums are coming across as only one kind, the delusional kind. Just read the comments section on the article of this new up and coming Samsung device. It's quite sad.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of Samsung update history for Windows and I admit it. You see, that's called an honest discussion. And in the mean time, where did I bash Nokia to make Samsung look better. That's the difference between ****** and delusional ******. As I've said, nothing wrong with being a Nokia ******. But it's the delusional ones that really hurt the image of the ******. Currently the Nokia ****** on these forums are coming across as only one kind, the delusional kind. Just read the comments section on the article of this new up and coming Samsung device. It's quite sad.

My point is simply that if a drunk picks a fight with another drunk over the brand of liquor they both drink, you still have two drunks fighting over booze at the end of the day.

I'm merely saying that while it may not have been your intention, your post came of as condescending and territorially fanboyish as the Nokia fans you were calling out.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm proud Samsung has introduced a new category in phones, the phablets, but I feel they really don't do much but add gimmicky features (who ACTUALLY uses eye scrolling?). As with the specs, when android gets 8 core as the standard, windows phone doesn't need it right away, as it isn't as graphically intensive. So, yeah...

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So the camera is such a big deal with you that you continued to buy Samsung devices from the S2 onward. lol, C'mon now, who do you think you're kidding. Just say you don't care for Samsung because you're a Nokia ******, and that's absolutely fine. But don't hate for the sake of hating because that will make you a delusional ******. You see, I've always said, absolutely nothing wrong for being a ******, but when you become a delusional ******, then that right there is what iSheep are made of.

lol no, I've also owned a few iPhones, and BlackBerry 10 devices.

I've also owned a Samsung Ativ before my BB10 and I can honestly say it is junk compare to the Lumia 920 and 1020 WHICH ARE THE ONLY TWO NOKIA WP I've owned.

So get your head out of Sammy fan boy ***, and stop trying to incite a fan war AMONGST the same platform users, ya tool

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Let's update you then. Updates in WP work is two different ways than Android. Since MSFT doesn't allow skinning of the OS, OEMs are either forced to put out the updates as is, or add additional features on top to enhance their product.

Samsung has been timely in distributing WP updates this year. So has HTC. In fact, unlocked HTC and Samsung devices were one of the first to get each update. I own an unlocked 8X and a unlocked 920, and I got the updates quickly. Nokia delayed theirs because what they have done is to roll out MSFT's update, along with their enhancers - the last one is called Lumia Black.

Between updates, Nokia has constantly been updating their OEM apps. This is the support that sets them apart from Samsung. Samsung has updated their OEM apps, but not with the frequency as Nokia in the WP. HTC has been less of the three. So while Nokia may not put their updates out immediately once the update is announced, because of their relationship with MSFT, they has access to more parts of the OS, as since their OEM updates have value, people are just forced to wait a little longer for something that adds real value to the UI experience.

So...ultimately what are you trying to discuss here in a healthy way within this thread?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
lol no, I've also owned a few iPhones, and BlackBerry 10 devices.

I've also owned a Samsung Ativ before my BB10 and I can honestly say it is junk compare to the Lumia 920 and 1020 WHICH ARE THE ONLY TWO NOKIA WP I've owned.

So get your head out of Sammy fan boy ***, and stop trying to incite a fan war AMONGST the same platform users, ya tool

Tell him soldier!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
what o.o all read seemed like a typical fan boy just trying to get other fan boys all riled up. ehh next time try to word your rant differently :/

Timture

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm proud Samsung has introduced a new category in phones, the phablets, but I feel they really don't do much but add gimmicky features (who ACTUALLY uses eye scrolling?). As with the specs, when android gets 8 core as the standard, windows phone doesn't need it right away, as it isn't as graphically intensive. So, yeah...

Two things here. First there is no such thing as eye scrolling, and there was never meant to be. It was a lot of crap that even the online reviewers got wrong. t's gesture based. So you tilt your head up or down to scroll. I didn't care for it myself, but I won't knock it as someone else may have use for it. But what I did find EXTREMELY useful was the other part of that very same feature. Scrolling by just tilting the phone. Now that's something all the Online reviewers seem to miss. So you got your coffee in one hand, and your phone in the other. Your reading a webpage and need to scroll, well just tilt your phone and voila. Far from a gimmick my friend. But again, everyone tried to keep pushing the eye tracking BS just to say it doesn't work. Only I wish is that Firefox and Chrome also supported this as I use more than one browser.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Your laggy Note 3 plagued with Samdung TouchWiz pales in comparison to my Lumia 1520. Plus all Samdung does is rip off ideas from others and find itself embroiled in legal battles. Lastly much of their tech is purchased from US companies that invented it.

PS Im a former Galaxy Note owner so I know all about Samdung phablets. Its too bad MS let them make Windows devices, I'd ban them.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention