Will VOIP ever run in the background?

markrb68

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I've always been very happy with my 1520 and since installing the latest Windows 10 Technical Preview I can't see myself wanting to go back to any other operating system. My problem is, I really need a VOIP app that can run in the background to keep a permanent connection with my 2 SIP accounts. I've looked at the Note 4 and iPhone 6 but they don't compare with my 1520 running Windows 10. Is there any sign or hope that Microsoft will ever support apps running in the background? I would be so pleased to be able to stick with the 1520.

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
The ideal is for Microsoft to support SIP in the OS. Nokia did with Symbian after all. It's one reason that keeps me holding on to my antique Nokia as my work phone as I use a SIP number as work number and that old Symbian based Nokia has SIP fully integrated. No background app required and barely touches the battery holding a SIP registration open. Though the battery on that old phone is finally giving up the ghost.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't completely know what you're talkin' about, but from what I know, MS is pretty strict about background apps. So that could be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos