Will you ditch your 1520 for the next flagship?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded to a used 1520, and I will not be giving Microsoft a dime until they add a setting to change those ridiculous rounded toggles haha

I have no problems holding the 1520. It's a bit unwieldy to carry, but at the same time I cannot imagine going back to a smaller screen.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm all squared up with the Hulk(best battery life in any of my previous phones) even if it's the gimped iteration, everyone on here essentially summed things on point, first world issues, **** I forgot my steaks overcooking in the oven!

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm all squared up with the Hulk(best battery life in any of my previous phones) even if it's the gimped iteration, everyone on here essentially summed things on point, first world issues, **** I forgot my steaks overcooking in the oven!

Its only $20 to get an OEM back cover with the Qi coils/NFC/Lens included haha. About the same price for a premium case really...

Edit: Congrats ;)

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Just as soon as ever I can get my hands on one. And my 1520 is my favorite phone, ever, so I'm not motivated by dissatisfaction with what I have, I've kept an eye out on the latest models of the other manufacturers. I've also had recent occasion to set up the latest Samsung, a Blackberry Passport and a Classic, and an IPhone 6 Plus just last week. I also have my own BB Passport. Nothing I've seen on any of the other platforms has caused the slightest envy in me, or tiring of my 1520. But I am all-in-with-both-feet on Windows 10, and I really want to have the full capabilities across the platforms as soon as its available. There will be certain things that you will be able to do with the new flagship specs on board, that you won't be able to do with your 1520 even after you've upgraded it to Windows Mobile 10. Sure, it won't matter to everyone, just how fully-featured your ability to project your screen or to remote control another Windows 10 device through your phone, but I want to and also won't mind an overall upgrade of specs. I had an ATT 32 gig 1520 originally, but when the screen cracked, they only had 16 gig models left. I was on the verge of buying a 32 gig version from a third party when the rumors of a flagship began to solidify. So I am now on the clock and waiting. I thought the rumored specs were for a slightly smaller screen. Not too much smaller though. I hope.

Mohamed Ahmed Nader

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm selling mine and gonna get back to the note lineup. To many problems that haven't been fixed and repeated in newer models like the touch outside "happened as well with the 535" my note 2 runs as smooth as it can with a custom rom. Imo it was a bad investment call from my side

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm selling mine and gonna get back to the note lineup. To many problems that haven't been fixed and repeated in newer models like the touch outside "happened as well with the 535" my note 2 runs as smooth as it can with a custom rom. Imo it was a bad investment call from my side

Note 2 is still plenty fast. What did you mean by "touch outside" exactly?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I looked at those. But the reported cheap plastic build quality and (comparatively for 2015) naff camera ruled them out of "flagship" status for me.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I looked at those. But the reported cheap plastic build quality and (comparatively for 2015) naff camera ruled them out of "flagship" status for me.

It's plastic alright, but there aren't any creaks in the build. Then again polycarbonate is just a fancy word for plastic, but we all know the 1520 has better build quality haha

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I will if it offers new useful and "braggable" features and has the same screen size. The 1520 is pretty much the best WP phone ever made up to now. If the new device is nothing but the same phone with beefier internal hardware then it will be a "no no" for me.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I will if it offers a tangible upgrade and allows for openvpn support (Commercial vpn). The 1520 is the best all round device WP has - I got mine late 2013 and it's still a solid performer, though the screen touch sensitivity is becoming overly sensitive and jumpy. If the new top end offers a compelling package and a full feature set then yes, I'm all over that. Though the app situation needs to improve with it. Continuum looks like it will need something beefy so I have high hopes!!!!

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
For me I retired my 1520 and picked up a dual sim 640xl and like it a lot. Main reason is that I needed and could use the dual sim as I have at&t and t-mobile. I can honestly say the 640xl seems to be faster and better optimized. and I love the orange color.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Nokia to the grave lol.. I'm even still using my 920 as a backup. I'm sure 1520 will be a backup to the next gen. Phone, however why upgrade if it works??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124