WIMAXIT’s 15.6-inch HDR touchscreen monitor review: More screen, more touch

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
wimaxit_and_me_1.jpg
Image Credit: Lemuel Burton Photography
WIMAXIT's 15.6 portable touch monitor adds valuable screen real estate to the "mobile office" of the laptop-wielding road warrior. The convenience of "more screen" does come with some downsides, however.
Long before switching to the Surface Pro 2017 with its 12.3-inch display, I used a 17-inch HP laptop. Though I've always missed the extra inches I sacrificed, the portability convenience of the powerful yet compact Surface Pro more-or-less balanced the scales. I use the Surface Pro to run my business Ward Advocacy, LLC and for writing content for Windows Central. I do both on the go or when at a desk, and often need more screen than the Surfaces' 12.3-inches comfortably provides.

When set up at home, my Surface Pro is sometimes connected to my 27-inch Dell monitor to provide extra space for multiple Windows, video, and more. When on the go, I've been giving WIMAXIT's 15.6-inch portable touch monitor (sent to me for review) a spin to do the same. The experience has been great and has genuinely improved my workflow. Still, anyone planning to spend $259 on this monitor must weigh the benefits of extra touchscreen real-estate against their personal workflow needs. There are also a few cons inherent to this device to consider as well as genuine concerns related to how packing an extra device may impact one's mobile needs.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon