win. browsers crash loop, static speakers, app crashes and snowy graphics/videos?

MIKEYdUMMY

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
I am running Windows 10 with a NEW HP Laptop 15" touchscreen, 8G.memory, 128G SSD. I have had this laptop over 2 months, flawless and lightning fast, until the October update After that, my 'flawless' laptop is now completely non functional. The symptoms get worse when it warms up. All browsers crash after only 10-15 seconds of function, windows photos app, start menu, word apps, all crash, then, windows crashes with a Blue screen with the following message: :) Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Stop Code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION: win32k base sys.
I have performed system restore, reset windows, downloaded my digital license of windows 10 to a USB , rebooted and installed windows 10 Four times, run a windows file check in an elevated command prompt, ran the DISM.exe online cleanup / restore health, been on the phone with HP tech support for 6 HOURS, all futile and nothing above helped. HP told me it is a software issue, so I need to 'buy a care package' for $79.00, and I can get covered tech support for software fixes, I am pulling my hair out! My wife has an almost identical Laptop on the same home network, she has NO trouble at all- we both have McAffe total protection, but no virus's surfaced in full system scans. Some friends told me it could be new drivers downloaded in the recent update, screwing up windows, but why do thesymptoms on my laptop get worse when it warms up? Any answer please...for this dummy. Thanks!

MIKEYdUMMY

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
Hi Ven07,
these problems start after the laptop has 'warmed-up'...which roughly, occurs about 4-6 minutes after the first boot up. Also, I struggled to install Windows 10 from a usb flash 16GB, and about the time that "Cortana" appears and starts talking, that's when the white spots, freeze-ups, blurs, speaker static and horizontal lines (2-3) appear on the screen-then the page re-loads and starts all over again. I ran a hardware diagnostic which said the processor and ALL other hardware is 'OKAY"...but the bottom of the laptop feels very warm. This is my first laptop with a SSD, so i'm wondering if this is normal? Thanks for your reply. Mike

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I see you ran DISM.. I can't really check out your system specs right now due to the fact that I'm not on my own network and people have blocked some sites... (yes, I know how to get around it lol)

In any case.... Try updating your graphics card drivers manually (literally going to the HP website and downloading the current drivers). While you're there also check the latest BIOS update for your device.

Maybe you already went through these steps; in that case ignore my tips. I didn't see you mentioning any dead pixels so screen is probably still ok?

Do you just have the SSD in there? any recent additions (hardware)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs