Windows 10 Download deleted all desktop files!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

DON"T DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10! I just executed the Free Windows 10 download. Once the system rebooted, I got a lovely message saying all of my files are exactly where I left them. Not true! I lost everything on the desktop, some software was deleted. I'm now working with a tech to help resolve the issues. Microsoft has created a horrible issue resulting in a time and tech costs. Very upset with MS.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
DON"T DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10! I just executed the Free Windows 10 download. Once the system rebooted, I got a lovely message saying all of my files are exactly where I left them. Not true! I lost everything on the desktop, some software was deleted. I'm now working with a tech to help resolve the issues. Microsoft has created a horrible issue resulting in a time and tech costs. Very upset with MS.

Instead blaming, a little search will let you know all your files are saved in Windows.old -_-

My IT teacher said the truth: 90% pc problems are between desk and chair >.<

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
As Maurizio suggested, check in drive C, windows.old folder -your files should be there

Which software was deleted? Did the chat support help you?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra