Windows 10 Home and Pro Issues

FireSword14

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
So if you guys remember, if you were a insider before the release of Windows 10 in 2015 you got a genuine key linked to your Microsoft ID. Now since then whenever I used that ID on my previous device and for testing purposes on other devices, Windows would install as usual, show me the page to enter key, I would skip it, enter my Microsoft account during the setup and it would be activated with Windows 10 pro even if insider builds were not turned on.

Now, I just bought a device it came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, as you may know the key is now installed digitally in the motherboard and Windows installation takes it directly without the need to enter it manually, this is then authenticated post install.

Here is the problem I am facing, I want to install Windows 10 Pro on my device, you know the way I have been doing. But, on the new device, as per my understanding the board key is given higher priority, because when i install and add my Microsoft account during install also the device gets activated with windows 10 Home.

It would be really helpful if someone could help with a workaround or shed some light on this issue.

Additionally, I use the ISO provided by Windows from there MediaCreationTool. I have also thought of trying the Insider Build ISO haven't got around to it yet.

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
It would be really helpful if someone could help with a workaround or shed some light on this issue.

I don't think it is possible the way you described. Product license is now attached to the hardware. So you can not install PRO attached to the different machine on the PC with the HOME version... You would probably need to buy the new PRO license/upgrade...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by melhiore
Originally Posted by FireSword14

I don't think it is possible the way you described. Product license is now attached to the hardware. So you can not install PRO attached to the different machine on the PC with the HOME version... You would probably need to buy the new PRO license/upgrade...

You can purchase the Pro License within Windows which gives you an upgrade key that you can enter to upgrade to Pro if you have to reload the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs