Windows 10 Insider: Build 14366 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14366 of Windows 10. Discuss it all here.

Windows 10 build 14366 now available for PC Insiders [Update: Mobile build now out] | Windows Central
Here are the known issues and fixes in Windows 10 Insider build 14366 | Windows Central

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn’t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you’ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren’t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You’ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Update June 17, 2016: Slow Ring added to this build.
http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-pc-preview-build-14366-released-slow-ring-insider-members

Last edited:

patseguin

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14366 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

OK, how do I reset if I can't open the Start menu to get to settings?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Anyone with the SP3 tried this build? I am comfortable running Insider builds on my PC, but the SP3 seems to fare much worse than my PC on most Insider builds.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Anyone with the SP3 tried this build? I am comfortable running Insider builds on my PC, but the SP3 seems to fare much worse than my PC on most Insider builds.

I'm running this build on my SP3 i7. The only issue I have right now is the start button takes a few minutes to become usable after boot-up.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Throughout Redstone I have been getting horrible keyboard lag pop up randomly. I just can't type for a certain period of time. If I hit a character it may take like 20 seconds to show up. Eventually it goes away but it's annoying. It's gotten to a point where I want to roll back but unfortunately I don't have the Production version and there's no tool like WDRT.

I also noticed the last 2 builds a bunch of tiles have gone blank for different apps. Like Netflix is just a white tile. Even in the all apps list. Anyone else get this issue and know how to fix?

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site

OK, how do I reset if I can't open the Start menu to get to settings?

Can you CTRL+ALT+DEL kill explorer.exe from the details tab and restart explorer.exe? I once got a buggy build and the start menu & task bar kept becoming inactive this worked.

jjonathan313

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

I have had a weird issue where the store can't/won't search to find app updates. Trying to manually search for updates has the button search for 2-3 seconds then stops. I have tried to reset the store using wsreset.exe and through the settings/Apps menu to "reset" the store - neither seems to work. It also seems to crash a lot while searching for apps.

ghaleon92

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

is any one else having the issue where it starts to download and then the computer just restarts? i cant get it to install and every time it tries it just restarts. the only time my comp isn't restarting is when the install says fails and i have to hit retry.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I had this as well a few times. I rebooted and the install finished.
Bunch of reboots. It won't install. It doesn't even start the install. I have space and I'm not running a 3rd party firewall or antivirus and it won't install. It'll download but that's where it stops. I might have to hit up a technical forum to see if there is a solution for this.

Defrago

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14366 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

That build is broke "everything" on my Acer W4-820 tablet.

? Audio seems to be screwed up, when you push the hardware sound buttons, volume changes with major delay. Tried to reinstall the drivers with no luck.
? Microsoft Solitaire Collection crashes immediately after startup leaving no error, this is the game mom plays daily and want her stats good
? Home yandex site hangs for a long time in Microsoft Edge browser
? Some other games, like Talking Ginger from Outfit7 are also broken, buttons in it just do nothing.

Is there a way to keep stats from Microsoft Solitaire Collection somehow and then transfer it to other PC or a new windows install?

I'm thinking of complete clean reinstall to stable current 10586 build that can only be made through network because of there is only one USB and I want to use it for keyboard. When I tried to boot from USB I could do nothing because of touch screen is not working at the installation and I can't connect keyboard and USB at the same time.

Can someone tell me a way to network install UEFI-based 32-bit Windows 10 Home Single Language on this tablet? Serva seems to unable do such things.

Also, I tried to move to a next 14367 build, it doesn't fix anything.

Last edited:

Mantegnous

May 29, 2016
Visit site

Store no works very well in build 14366? Upvote

ClPDXZRWIAA9xaI.jpg

Copy, past and go on edge/run command

feedback-hub:?contextid=318&feedbackid=5c4bb37a-7ac2-4b5b-83d4-96cf220a9415&form=1&src=2

Chicopower

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Install stuck at 19%.

Did reset and windows rolled back to previous version.
I will pass this version.. waiting for something more stable..

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

The last couple of slow ring builds have been pretty good on my Sp3 but this build has been pretty bad with a lot of fan noise and CPU running hot even though CPU utilization is not that high. I find this build has issues with connected stand by or sleep as it often reboots in that state.

Willelmus

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Hey all,

Anyone tried the latest build with the SP4? I tried the first redstone build on my SP4 i5 a couple of weeks ago but ended up having issues with the touch screen that forced me to go back to regular w10.

Is this build more stable?

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
my PC is still on 14.295 and can not find any update. I am in the slow ring.
Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz