Windows 10 Insider: Build 14383 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 build 14383 for PC and phone now available for Insiders in the fast ring | Windows Central

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14383 of Windows 10. Discuss it all here.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...indows-10-insider-preview-build-14371-for-pc/

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn?t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you?ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren?t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You?ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14383 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Done downloading and installing....Time to check it out.
In .420 Edge was very choppy...Now it seems more fluid...Hope it stayed like that.

Last edited:

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Anyone notice work access MDM configuration is missing in Accounts -> Access work or school ?

ftln

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site

Hello, for the first timeever since I have had the 950 DS I am now able to connect to 5ghz wifi. Yippeeee

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

That's an understatement. You aren't alone there.

Neither of you are alone there! Mine (950XL DS unlocked) was getting so hot I pulled the battery more than once. Powering it off overnight seems to have helped significantly. It's much more stable and cool to the touch now.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I still get the keyboard lag and it is becoming extremely frustrating. Many people on reddit have mentioned the same issue. If this persists in anniversary update I will have to go back to windows 7 or stable branch of TH2. Though they might have messed the stable branch up too with cumulative updates.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

950xl gets super hot!

This is the first build where my 950xl would get super hot and drain battery really fast.

I checked battery usage and the messaging app was draining the most. I turned off sync between devices so we shall see if that is the culprit or not.

don4law

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

This build is horrible. My 950XL is extremely hot. I literally watched the battery drain from 72% to 35% in 1 hour and 20 minutes, with minimal usage (no phone or music, just a few websites and checked email once). Of all precious builds this has been the worst for both temperature and battery life - frightening considering we're so close to the Anniversary release.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Sticky notes doesn't open anymore after I updated from 14379 to 14383. Lots of reports of it in the feedback hub. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Also, lockscreen now comes up blank sometimes after it has been sleeping for a while. Was using spotlight, switched to a single picture.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

This is the PC thread guys.
Surface Pro 3. With this build my device is no longer compatible with Windows Hello? Fingerprint reader driver is present.Big bug.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
I can't bring myself to install this on my XPS 15 (9550). I really want to, but in the past had aggravating issues (with my now sold SP3). Anyone running it on the XPS 15 with no issues? It sure is tempting, but I had to go through serious hoops to get this machine built with a clean install of 10. Would rather not have to go through all of this again if Insider Fast is a mistake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo