Windows 10 Insider: Build 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Insider Fast has moved on to build 14393: Windows 10 build 14393 now available for Insiders on PC and phone | Windows Central

Improvements for PC

• We have improved the reliability of Start, Cortana, and Action Center.
  • You should now be able to mount iPods as USB mass-storage devices.

Known issues for PC

• We are aware of certain cases in which Surface Books and Surface Pro 4's may bugcheck (bluescreen) due to a camera driver issue. An updated driver will roll-out via Windows Update soon that will fix this.

Zac Bowden writes:
We're just 2 very short weeks away from the official launch date for the Anniversary Update, so it makes sense for Insiders to start testing the final bits now. Over the next couple of weeks, Microsoft will be flighting a number of hotfixes and patches to build 14393, all in preparation for a day-one patch that the public will download on August 2nd.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

I hope this isn't RTM. I still get keyboard lag. I still can't open any "collections' in the store regardless of troubleshooting.

The keyboard lag hasn't been that bad thus far though. But I haven't ran it long enough to know if it will get into the aggressively bad state.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

14393 works very well on my HP Pavilion laptop, but it's still a bit buggy on my tablets (Venue 8 Pro and Stream 8). For example, on my laptop, I can launch sticky notes with no issue. On my tablets, sticky notes just close. Yes, I've hard reset and I've reset the app.

Also on my tablets, the lockscreen is often blank and just a solid theme color. On my laptop, the lockscreen background works as expected.

There's also this annoying start screen glitch that cuts off the tiles on my tablets:
Screenshot (7).jpg
If you want to try and duplicate this bug, be in tablet mode. Rotate to portrait. Tap the all apps button and rotate to landscape then back to portrait. Then tap the start screen button again. And, yes, I have hard reset.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site

14393 works very well on my HP Pavilion laptop, but it's still a bit buggy on my tablets (Venue 8 Pro and Stream 8). For example, on my laptop, I can launch sticky notes with no issue. On my tablets, sticky notes just close. Yes, I've hard reset and I've reset the app.

Also on my tablets, the lockscreen is often blank and just a solid theme color. On my laptop, the lockscreen background works as expected.

There's also this annoying start screen glitch that cuts off the tiles on my tablets:
View attachment 128694
If you want to try and duplicate this bug, be in tablet mode. Rotate to portrait. Tap the all apps button and rotate to landscape then back to portrait. Then tap the start screen button again. And, yes, I have hard reset.

Glad that its not just me with the lockscreen showing blank sometimes (just shows the theme color). Was beginning to think it was something wonk with my install. I'm on a SP4 by the way. Haven't had the other two bugs you mentioned. Sticky Notes launches and works fine. Tried reproducing the other one and everything rotated and went back in place appropriately.

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site

can i install 14393 on my machine before aug 2 w/o being an insider via esd/iso or have to wait? and will installing 14393(RTM) as Non-Insider will break my laptop's product key genuineness? Anyone's having an idea regarding this?

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Glad that its not just me with the lockscreen showing blank sometimes (just shows the theme color). Was beginning to think it was something wonk with my install. I'm on a SP4 by the way. Haven't had the other two bugs you mentioned. Sticky Notes launches and works fine. Tried reproducing the other one and everything rotated and went back in place appropriately.

It's a strange bug with sticky notes for me. It did use to work on my tablets, but only on builds 14367 and earlier. Yet, sticky notes works perfectly fine on my laptop, and it seems it works perfectly fine on the Surface Pro 4 too. I wish I could figure out how to uninstall and reinstall sticky notes just to get it to work again.

zdenekvanik

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast & Slow Rings)

I am still not receiving any call notifications on my Band 2 even when I reset both phone and band data. It goes on like this for a few build already.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
10.0.14393.5 has been pushed to Fast, Slow and Release Rings... Please follow here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-insider-preview/433526-presumptive-nominee-au-10-0-14393-5-discussion-redstone-branch%3B-fast-slow-release-rings.html

Or continue in this thread for your elite-geek Fast club chatter.
winktongue.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion