Windows 10 Mobile build 15230 Discussion (Fast Ring)

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Just curious.... is the end of Windows Mobile closer than we think? I just had a look at the Windows Insider phone forum and was shocked to see that the average was between one and three posts PER DAY. That is a far cry from what it used to be and says to me that very few people are actually involved. Not a surprise, though, given the near total lack of any marketing or press.

As for this build.... I once again had to revert to my Nexus 5X as my daily driver because the BT issues in this build were very annoying. One of the very few things a telephone HAS to do is RING!!!! Most other features are optional ;)

Paul

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just curious.... is the end of Windows Mobile closer than we think? I just had a look at the Windows Insider phone forum and was shocked to see that the average was between one and three posts PER DAY. That is a far cry from what it used to be and says to me that very few people are actually involved. Not a surprise, though, given the near total lack of any marketing or press.

As for this build.... I once again had to revert to my Nexus 5X as my daily driver because the BT issues in this build were very annoying. One of the very few things a telephone HAS to do is RING!!!! Most other features are optional ;)

Paul
Based on what you said and answering that in the way of total user base declining...Probably.

But isn't that the intention especially when they want to usher in a newer mobile system?

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Based on what you said and answering that in the way of total user base declining...Probably.

But isn't that the intention especially when they want to usher in a newer mobile system?

So.... they let the user base go to near zero and then start all over? Doesn't sound real smart to me. Especially if that "new mobile system" effectively orphans the existing phones. Again. That is exactly the nonsense that I am weary of on Android.

Too bad too.... I LIKE my L950 and Windows, minus the nagging bugs in the OS.

Paul

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So.... they let the user base go to near zero and then start all over? Doesn't sound real smart to me. Especially if that "new mobile system" effectively orphans the existing phones. Again. That is exactly the nonsense that I am weary of on Android.

Too bad too.... I LIKE my L950 and Windows, minus the nagging bugs in the OS.

Paul

And it will be cool as long is does not tank in the next 1 year or more. The OS as of current will still have support through 2018. That is a long strech for the SoC 808 and 810 Lumias. Most Androids like the S6 Edge/G4 may not see the next iteration of Android...

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
And it will be cool as long is does not tank in the next 1 year or more. The OS as of current will still have support through 2018. That is a long strech for the SoC 808 and 810 Lumias. Most Androids like the S6 Edge/G4 may not see the next iteration of Android...

One of the big reasons I even considered a Windows phone was the assumed longer support for the hardware. I am sick and tired of the Android two year and out cycle. Especially these days when the hardware has evolved to the point that I don't need to replace it for something better every time I turn around. The assumption was that MS would support phones as long as the OS would run on it. That was proven wrong when they abandoned my trusty L1020, and I have a sinking feeling it is about to happen again, given the apparent fork in the build numbers between phone and PC.

And if they ARE going to abandon my phone, at least fix the bugs like BT not wanting to disconnect (ie., leaving it without audible notification and ring tones).

Paul

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
One of the big reasons I even considered a Windows phone was the assumed longer support for the hardware. I am sick and tired of the Android two year and out cycle. Especially these days when the hardware has evolved to the point that I don't need to replace it for something better every time I turn around. The assumption was that MS would support phones as long as the OS would run on it. That was proven wrong when they abandoned my trusty L1020, and I have a sinking feeling it is about to happen again, given the apparent fork in the build numbers between phone and PC.

And if they ARE going to abandon my phone, at least fix the bugs like BT not wanting to disconnect (ie., leaving it without audible notification and ring tones).

Paul

Paul, just to make sure you are aware. My L1020 is running acceptably well on this build (masquerading as a 950, for the download). I would not call it "supported" but the darn thing keeps working and Lumia Camera, despite its issues under W10, can still be awesome. I like that at least I get the latest security stuff...sure not "Hey Cortana" and some other goodies. The battery still sucks if the camera is used much, though. It does talk to the PC's mostly fine...Office/Outlook keep in sync. If you still have the L1020, dust it off and try, if only just for kicks :)

Of course, I'll soon be trying the new build...and regretting doing so :-))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss