Windows 10 Mobile EOL is 09/2018

Mihai N

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Each major OS update moves forward the EOL, so no need to panic 😀. If Redstone 3 and 4 will focus enough on mobile, the OS could be very different by 09/2018

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone.... dead. Windows mobile.... dead. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone at this point. The goal is Windows 10, period. That includes on ARM in mobile devices. It's no longer going to be labeled anything but Windows 10. The EOL is meaningless, but likely points to a specific build. Regardless, it's dead.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If you look carefully, 2018-01-09 is the end date for the initial release of Windows 10 Mobile (10586). The end date for the Anniversary Update is 2018-09-10.

Like Mihai said, future releases will have later end dates. There is no need to panic.

GN_Will

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
It's a great thing that Microsoft will be supporting most devices for 24 months. The previous versions of Windows was supported for a lesser period.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
its dead
Seems to be dying right in front of my eyes.
For the regular consumer it already is. The T-Mobile Alcatel is the only mainstream consumer device left that still gives a hint of it's continued existence but I suspect it's only Windows Enthusiasts that are buying them. When it reaches end of life, it will certainly be telling if Alcatel replaces it with another Windows 10 Mobile device.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Each major OS update moves forward the EOL, so no need to panic ������. If Redstone 3 and 4 will focus enough on mobile, the OS could be very different by 09/2018

Panic Stations!! haha (JK).

I think this is similar to how WhatsApp works. Every time they release a new update, it extends the life of the Application. Often i forget to update my WhatsApp and then i get a message saying "this version is too old to use and no longer works, please update to a newer version for full functionality". So I'm not too worried about EOL for Windows 10. I still think we have a few years left before anything goes away. Stay positive people :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss