Windows 10 Mobile tablets???

Snicken

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Anyone aware of any new tablets scheduled for release with Windows 10 Mobile? I know RT didn't succeed but the store is in much better shape now... And a few Windows 10 tablets would be perfect for my kids to play Minecraft on. Thanks!!!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So far as I know, the only tablet with W10M is the Alcatel Pixi 3 (8). Availability seems very limited to certain regions. It is mostly aimed at emerging markets.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/al...lcatel-one-touch-pixi-3-8-specs-features.html
Alcatel OneTouch announces the Pixi 3, an 8-inch Windows 10 Mobile tablet | Windows Central
http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/products/detail?model=PIXI 3 (8) 4G Windows

We had a thread on the general question not long ago if you want to check some of the replies there: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/431992-8-w10m-tablet.html

Welcome to the WC.

Snicken

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks !!! this is a bummer. Some people like the ease and simplicity of a true tablet experience... not to mention battery life. win10M provides that... and with continuum and mouse support, it offers something nothing else does. I know there are phones they are selling as PC replacements, but I want the same thing in a larger form factor... even without phone. I'll just cross my fingers for it! thanks again for the reply and sending me to the other post.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
There are other options in tablets, I seem to recall the Yoga2 tablet getting something like 17-18 hours for the 8" and around 13 for the 10.
I'm pretty sure those were review numbers too, not OEM, so there are similar options out there (obviously not phone though). With UWP, if you're concerned about apps, it seems like things are going to proliferate both ways, at least reasonably so...

Snicken

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't disagree with the 2-1 device strategy... I like those devices. But I find the ones on the cheaper side to be too slow. The performance takes a hit when it has to run the full OS. Even the M3 processors are a bit sluggish on some standard things. I think there is room in the market for some pure Windows tablets... Especially with the continuum feature. Win10 Mobile seems to be pretty light weight and if all you want to run are the UWP apps, there is no need for the full OS.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't disagree with the 2-1 device strategy... I like those devices. But I find the ones on the cheaper side to be too slow. The performance takes a hit when it has to run the full OS. Even the M3 processors are a bit sluggish on some standard things. I think there is room in the market for some pure Windows tablets... Especially with the continuum feature. Win10 Mobile seems to be pretty light weight and if all you want to run are the UWP apps, there is no need for the full OS.

Yeah, there are many Yoga models that are 2-1, but the one with the insanely long battery life, that I'm talking about, is purely a tablet (2, the 8 and 10"), not a 2-1. Obviously, they have a small "kickstand", so you can watch a show, or use a BT keyboard and mouse, or you can project, more or less like Continuum, but in a really small tablet form-factor.
Weight is just over 1lb, so definitely heavier than a phone, but I think most 8" RT tablets start to fall into this category too, except that the Yoga is full 64-bit to start, and typically has 4-8GB, and more...

Not saying this fills the niche necessarily, but it's pretty darn close, and has that 12-17 hour battery life for browsing, which makes it competitive there. too...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett