Windows 10 mobile virus? Malware?

wmonsky

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
I have a lumia 950 phone. This morning it was fully charged and I noticed a couple of missing apps. I touched the phone Icon, the screen briefly reacted like it was trying to start the phone and then back to the main screen but the phone Icon was gone. Touched a couple of other icons like settings and it reacts(screen goes black), then comes back to the main screen, app sometimes missing, the settings icon is gone. Swiped down to get to the settings and the "all settings" and "connect" buttons do nothing. Restarted and even pulled battery for a while. no change. It is clear that some things are working because notifications, news stories and weather are shown, wifi shows connected, flashlight still works but very little else. The phone is supposed to be virus and malware proof but this sure looks like a virus?

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
It’s a flaw with Windows mobile all together. I’ve had to do hard resets to resolve but sometimes just trying a few times and closing background apps works

wmonsky

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
Turning off and removing the battery ARE forms of a soft reset. Tried connecting to PC via USB cable, PC wouldn't see it. Not enough functionality to move files to SD card.
Had to bite the bullet and do a hard reset through the buttons (couldn't do trough settings). Now it works fine but I lost a lot. Will check for updates when I get a chance.

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Turning off and removing the battery ARE forms of a soft reset. Tried connecting to PC via USB cable, PC wouldn't see it. Not enough functionality to move files to SD card.
Had to bite the bullet and do a hard reset through the buttons (couldn't do trough settings). Now it works fine but I lost a lot. Will check for updates when I get a chance.

Do you have your photos automatically uploading to your onedrive account?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Kepp regularly copying the photos and other relevant data to your pc or other storage device -and regularly do app settings backup - if in case something like this happens, you'll lose very little

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte