Windows 10 on Surface 3 issues

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Definately buggy, but I like Win10 overall...its pretty. My really big issue: It seems to drain the battery even when it is sleeping. I charged to 100%. Watched a movie. Was down to 85%. Put it to sleep for 2 days. Turned it back on, battery was fully drained.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Definately buggy, but I like Win10 overall...its pretty. My really big issue: It seems to drain the battery even when it is sleeping. I charged to 100%. Watched a movie. Was down to 85%. Put it to sleep for 2 days. Turned it back on, battery was fully drained.

Turn off WiFi on sleep mode until that gets fixed. The battery will drain faster when sleeping than when using the system. Although sometimes wifi gets wonky when you wake it up. But at least you'll have great battery life.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

The snipping tool might be good with the timer. Otherwise it might close. I've been wanting to try the pen double-click.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Starting to wonder if MS did testing on their flagship line. My desktop is flawless but the Surface 3 is a whole other story right now.

But I guess MS has to rely on Intel for drivers.

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree. My desktop upgrade was perfect. It took about 30 minutes and so far there has not been one issue. But my Surface 3 is terribly unstable at the moment, specifically the network adapter. I really hope there is an update soon that addresses most of the Surface 3/Windows 10 issues.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My network adapter didn't get unstable until I turned if off in sleep mode. Now it may not function out of sleep but at least I don't have battery worries.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My network adapter didn't get unstable until I turned if off in sleep mode. Now it may not function out of sleep but at least I don't have battery worries.

Hopefully they are giving the squeeze to Intel for fix these drivers.

xTmX Korrupt

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
My Surface 3 does not work at all. Start button and search bar do nothing. Tried to open the settings but it will not launch. I don't want to but I am going to do a complete reset.

jammyman

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
There's also a setting you can toggle on that will automatically show the digital keyboard whenever a text form gets focus. Open the settings app, then search 'Typing' and under Devices there is a "Typing" list item, under the "Touch keyboard" options there's a toggle to "Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached to your device"... toggle this on. Now whenever you tap inside a text field the touch keyboard will appear automatically :)

jammyman

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having the issue where tapping only brings up the right click menu options? Basically at least once a day my S3 will start to think that my single tap (no long press or anything special) is a right click. Regardless of where or what I click, it's as if I'd right clicked. And this is with my finger mind you, no keyboard or mouse attached. There does seem to be a relationship with this happening when I'd recently used my S3 Pen, but I believe it's happened without having used the pen. The fix is to restart, but I shouldn't have to restart my device once a day. W8.1 did not do this.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having the issue where tapping only brings up the right click menu options? Basically at least once a day my S3 will start to think that my single tap (no long press or anything special) is a right click. Regardless of where or what I click, it's as if I'd right clicked. And this is with my finger mind you, no keyboard or mouse attached. There does seem to be a relationship with this happening when I'd recently used my S3 Pen, but I believe it's happened without having used the pen. The fix is to restart, but I shouldn't have to restart my device once a day. W8.1 did not do this.

Any thoughts?

That has been driving everyone nuts.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The OneNote app in Win 10 sucks! Submit the feedback, then search OneNote sucks and upvote those results. It's another case of the MS gutting what was a good app.

The Desktop OneNote is nice but the button currently only works to open the app store version.

Just an fyi, there is a Surface Pen app that lets your choose which OneNote app you want to open, and a couple more settings.

I'm typing this on my phone, or I'd give a link to the app. Good luck finding it, though!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy