windows 10 on the 930

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
is it okay to run the insider on the 930 to get windows 10 any problems with this leak?
I heard you might loose the your turn by turn voice nav and call quality was not that good?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can always update your 930 to WM10. In order to experience a bug free phone, backup your settings and files and reset to your stock firmware. Then install Windows Insider and perform the upgrade followed by another hard reset. The turn by turn navigation will still stay as long as you do not uninstall Here Maps.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It's all good. I've been installing the Insider builds from the beginning and they have become quite good and stable. A few minor problems might crop up here and there, but nothing that rises to the level of not wanting all the other advantages of Win10 Mobile.

It did seem at one point that turn by turn disappeared in Maps, but it has been fine the past two builds. And you can also try Waze if you like, either as a back up or for its own advantages over Maps.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's all good. I've been installing the Insider builds from the beginning and they have become quite good and stable. A few minor problems might crop up here and there, but nothing that rises to the level of not wanting all the other advantages of Win10 Mobile.

It did seem at one point that turn by turn disappeared in Maps, but it has been fine the past two builds. And you can also try Waze if you like, either as a back up or for its own advantages over Maps.

I heard that Waze eats battery life? but was the only choice on the 950

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to know about these 2 main issues with WM10 on Lumia 930:

Does the outlook app have all mails view?
How about the html email rendering - this wasn't working properly on Lumia 950 when they released it last year
Do we have all the new features such as quiet time, new notification etc on Lumia 930 with the developer WM10 release?

I'm thinking of getting the 930 if i can update it with WM10 since the 950 is almost CAD$800 and MS store here in Calgary doesn't have the stock.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Windows 10 Mobile build .63... Found no issues.. But still not satisfied with new camera app.... My advice upgrade it.

Raghu..Can you see my post and answer those 3 questions please? Those are deal breakers for me. If they still exist, I might not buy a windows phone at all. Might go for android (even though i don't like android!!)

Badshah Raghu

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Yaa you will get the features like quite hours and all other features except Windows Hello and Continuum... If you want them go for Lumia 950/950xl
I don't know much about html email rendering but email loads faster but not with perfect layout....
Let me know what you meant by "All Mail view"... Do you mean unread, read and flagged??

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Yaa you will get the features like quite hours and all other features except Windows Hello and Continuum... If you want them go for Lumia 950/950xl
I don't know much about html email rendering but email loads faster but not with perfect layout....
Let me know what you meant by "All Mail view"... Do you mean unread, read and flagged??

I have multiple email accounts - gmail, icloud, exchage etc. I want to be able to see all inboxes in one view rather than switching accounts to see emails.

Badshah Raghu

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Yaa there is all mail view option... To get that you need to link all your accounts under one name(it may be anything like "Linked mail")... You will get all account mail under that name...

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Yaa there is all mail view option... To get that you need to link all your accounts under one name(it may be anything like "Linked mail")... You will get all account mail under that name...

Thanks.

I'm also contemplating between getting a lumia 950 or 930. I'm not too keen on windows hello or continum. So if you take these things away how does the lumia 930 compare against 950? Is 950 much faster and nicer than 930?

Badshah Raghu

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.

I'm also contemplating between getting a lumia 950 or 930. I'm not too keen on windows hello or continum. So if you take these things away how does the lumia 930 compare against 950? Is 950 much faster and nicer than 930?

As I know 950 facing many problems with software and some firmware updates released to fix them... Still there are problem like Can't use touch wearing gloves...

When you compare 950 with 930... Build quality of 930 is better than 950 with metal around it and 950 full of plastic...

As per performance point, 950 is little faster than 930 with daily use(like launching apps and games, booting up)..

If you are concern of money then go for Nokia Lumia 930... Still flagship in Windows Phone devices.... If you talk of features your will get all the features supported by 950 except Windows hello and continuum...

My suggestion go for Lumia 930...

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

When you compare 950 with 930... Build quality of 930 is better than 950 with metal around it and 950 full of plastic...

As per performance point, 950 is little faster than 930 with daily use(like launching apps and games, booting up)

When I compare my 930 then its plastic is the more forgiving component than the metal frame.

So, telling people that the metal is of better quality then it is just another example of why Microsoft could not fast enough get rid of its long term fans which are only bashing some of the designs of the old Lumia lineup with no second thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo