Windows 10 Preview on SP3

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll pass. Don't feel like debugging if issues pop up. To be honest, the SP3 with the Windows 8 + latest updates isn't all that perfect anyways.

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I've installed Windows 10 straight onto my SP3, Its running like a dream and i can honestly say I am really liking what I am seeing. The feedback tool is brilliant, easy to use and a fantastic way of involving the people ideas into the development process - Adam

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've installed Windows 10 straight onto my SP3, Its running like a dream and i can honestly say I am really liking what I am seeing. The feedback tool is brilliant, easy to use and a fantastic way of involving the people ideas into the development process - Adam

Excellent. Any major bugs to report? In what ways do you find it better?

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Excellent. Any major bugs to report? In what ways do you find it better?

Everything seems to work as it did on 8.1, I havn't come across any issues yet ill keep you updated though.

I really like that I don't have to swap onto a different screen to access my app tiles (although there is an option to leave it pretty much exactly like it is in 8.1). The new search option in the taskbar is nice too. And the swipe in from left to access open programs/apps is worlds better.

For some reason it feels alot more responsive aswell when it comes to switching between apps/programs but that could be some weird placbo effect I've got going on - Adam

layfnatu2

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I did the same things. No problems for me either. I did take an image backup and created a usb recovery disk though just in case things do go awry at some point.

David Horn

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I miss 8.1.

You can only snap 50/50 now, Modern IE is consigned to the dustbin (and it was really good), and every app has a bloody title bar. Seems faster though.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Some users have mentioned not having the Modern IE in the install, is that the case? I was planning on installing this on my Venue 8 Pro but not having Modern IE might just stop me

Edit: Never mind, Daniel just posted a first impressions and he mentioned the OS lacking the Modern IE

Last edited:

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Running 10 on my desktop. One thing. If you are running Steam Games you have have to verify game cache integrity or games won't start.

IE browser seems very fast. I find the Interface a little flat and dull personally.

Gaming seems very quick.

Can snap windows to left right or 4 corners.

Catalyst Control Center will not work if you have that on desktop.

DO NOT RUN NORMAL WINDOWS UPDATES: If you run normal Windows updates your system will not restart. Weird that MS has not mentioned this as a warning. Turn automatic updating off. Once I did a refresh to get back on, I noticed this time that Catalyst Control Center now worked, so who knows?

Last edited:

mstrimk

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

How is the battery life with Windows 10? I use my SP3 for uni, so I need it to last. Is everything fine with the pen, besides the OneNote button thing. I'm a big Surface Pen user.

Downloading it now, scrounging around for a USB > 8 GB to use as a recovery drive just in case

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
How is the battery life with Windows 10? I use my SP3 for uni, so I need it to last. Is everything fine with the pen, besides the OneNote button thing. I'm a big Surface Pen user.

Battery life seems the same to me, pen works fine apart from losing the top (purple) button functionality - Adam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)