Windows 10 Preview on the Venue 8 Pro?

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even get an error code. It just stopped. I'm trying to use the download tool.

Edit: Third time it says I need an otg with 9gb available.

Last edited:

anon(5373980)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am manually doing an in place upgrade using the Windows 10 download tool. Windows 10

First time the setup ran it crashed with out any error. Second time it got the "Something went wrong" error and had to close it.

I only have about 4GB of disk space left so i don't know if that is the issue.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So I did try to upgrade using the ISO, it did upgrade but my Windows did not activate. Then I did a clean install and tried using V8P's Windows key (i captured it before starting the upgrade), it didn't activate either. Now I am restoring back to 8.1.

CmdrKeene

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I plan on just using 32-bit Windows since that's what I have on 8.1 today. Changing the 'bitness' require a fully clean install, and I'm not prepared for that hassle. I'd rather just upgrade.

But I'm having a heck of a time clearing enough space to install. I've ran cleanup (as myself and as admin), removed every single program (even Office suites) and app, and even deleted all but 1 user profile, removed all OneDrive files, etc. Yet, only 3.6 GB of space is free.

Anyone know what's safe to remove to get enough space? Like perhaps the $SysReset folders in the root of the drive?

Rahul Pandit

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I faced a similar problem trying to make enough space for a Win 10 upgrade. I managed to do it after doing a disk cleanup with system clean option, removing unnecessary apps, cleaning temp folder, reducing paging to 1024 Mb and no hibernation. I was able to free up 2GB yielding about 6GB on my 32GB Tablet.

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the 32gb Dell Venue 8 Pro. Thinking about installing Win10. How would I go about it? How much space would I need? TIA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria