Windows 10 shows a 4th not connected monitor in display settings, how can I delete this "monitor"?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 shows a 4th not connected monitor in display settings, how can I delete this "monitor"?

Hi, I am running a dekstop PC with 28" Asus connected via Displayport at 3840x2160p as main screen, a 28" Samsung on the right side at 1080p (connected via Minidisplayport Adapter -> HDMI Adapter -> HDMI cable to screen) and a Samsung SMART TV which hangs above the two monitors on the wall.

The TV is connected with HDMI from Graphic Card going into an AV Receiver. The AV Receiver has an HDMI out which goes to the TV. I need this setup for the playback of DTS HD Master and Dolby TrueHD encoded video material.

My graphic gard is currently ATI Raedon HD 7970.

Somehow - in the Windows display settings it shows that I have connected a 4th right to the Samsung 28". The icon of the monitor doesn't show in the normal gray and is instead more black. When I click on the 4th monitor the option "Disconnect this display" is selected and unlike the other monitors I can't place him somewhere else.

When I open the ATI software it says nothing about a 4th screen. So what is going on here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea