Windows 10 Store updates are not downloading

anon(9177257)

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
When i'm going to "Downloads" of the Store of Windows 10. All Updates are in progress. But nothing will be downloaded or anything else.
Also my Mail app won't even start anymore. It stucks on the blue screen bootup and never go further.

This is on my Surface Pro 3

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue and my account was my MS account. So I created a new account with admin rights using the command prompt because the setion is setting to create a new account also didn't work.

Creates the account: net user [username] [password] /add
Assign admin rights: net localgroup administrators useraccountname /add

After rebooting it buil the new profile and booted and allowed be to pick account.
I then restarted and logged into old account a went to C:\users\oldaccountname and copied the folders then pasted to the new account and restarted
all the shortcuts on the desktop are now the same but i had to reset my email accounts and personalized and they are identical. I also started my Onedrive account to use my MS account to sync files. I also had to login to my Google account in Chrome to use my same bookmarks.

The store, Camera and mail apps now all work.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
yeah, I had to rebuild my profile earlier this year due to a Store/app problem. Once is a mistake but to repeatedly break their own Store is dumb.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok weird, I was testing with the local admin account whether deleting the user account and recreating it would solve it; not just the windows profile, the actual user account to change SIDs. In the process of that I made my normal login a local admin so I'd be sure to have an admin account during the process. I went through everything and that solved it for the local admin account, but when I went back to the account I use every day the store updates worked. It seems fine now even after I removed it from local administrators group too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h