Windows 10 Tech Preview - Issues and Complaints

Vinnie Tyson

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Robert, your computer is not disabled...not exactly. Many companies have sent out mass emails, stating that many drivers will not be compatible with w10, and as such users are requested not to move forward with the upgrade until companies like tosh and sony can create the necessary drivers for the 1000's of models of workstations and laptops they have currently in the market.

Your best bet is to visit the Tosh site directly and search for drivers for your model PC. If they are not ready yet, they will be in a couple of weeks, or your PC provider may be unable to provide support at all.

I would suggest to you, and others like you with the same problems to get in touch with your manufacturers and get details for your pc models and what support is available. When dealing with a new OS, we can expect driver incompatibility as par for the course, since there are 10's of thousands of PC's and only one OS, making them all work, will take time, and there is really nothing to do but wait.

Vinnie Tyson

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Your GFX Card will need the W10 upgrade driver. Some games may run from onboard graphics. Nvidia has the W10 driver available on Geforce Experience and their website. As for AMD or others I am not certain, but checking websites is a good place to start.

Vinnie Tyson

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Your Drivers for F keys are for your previous version. Please visit your manufacturers website, armed with your pc model number and search for support drivers for function keys and anything else that is not yet working for w10.

This Happened to me a year ago when I hard reset w7 after a software malfunction, all my sony vaio drivers were missing, I had to re-install them from the sony website. Most major PC manufactures will have w10 drivers ready to roll out. Search for what you need and follow the installation instructions on screen.

Keith Hoben

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
got windows 10 ...now cant play cd/dvds ...does not recognise my dvd player.so no recording or burning
google crome keeps moving .probably cost me a packet to sort out.should have guessed nothing is free.
conned again ,been 6 hours trying to sort it .its depressing ::::

Andrew Sylvester

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
After the windows 10 "upgrade", my laptop now randomly shuts down and restarts in the middle of me watching things on Netflix. The first couple of times I didn't think twice about it, but now that it does it two, three, or even four times in the middle of one episode, it gets really annoying.

SNAIR1989

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Scroll bar automatically moves downwards after upgrade to Windows 10..

Earlier there was no issue with Windows 8.1 but now I am not able to browse through Google chrome and Internet Explorer..

I tried uninstalling device from device manager but it is of no use..

Please check and guide me with a proper solution as I am not able to work bcuz of this prob...

Alan Entwistle

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Would love to know how to actually get in touch with microsoft to raise issues with windows 10.
1. my VGA cable to use my TV as a monitor stopped working when I upgraded.
2. My anti-virus would not work on windows 10 leaving me totally unprotected (and I'd already paid for a years subscription.
3. My desktop changed so I couldn't find anything.

I downgraded and everything was normal again. I stressed, swore and now I will NEVER upgrade to this OS, the most important reason being that it fails to recognise anti virus software that people have already paid for.

Jon Gee

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
So far Windows 10 is my least favorite OS since Vista.

As soon as I installed it I began having problems with my devices - printer not showing up as online, not consistently printing documents, I keep getting kicked off of the internet. I am trying to use a computer for work and am getting absolutely nothing done.

I was not crazy about Windows 8, but now 10 is making it look like an upgrade. I saw a recent post saying that some software drivers for devices such as my printer are not yet updated for use with Windows 10 - MICROSOFT SHOULD NOT HAVE RELEASED RELEASE WINDOWS 10 WITHOUT THE PROPER SUPPORT. DO NOT USE!!!

Jon

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
After playing a game that utilizes my AMD graphics card, when I exit the computer bluescreens with the error VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL. I know I'm not the only one with this problem, as I posted it on Windows Feedback and have had 10+ upvotes on it. Its a nasty bug and its been trying my patience as I wait for a new build to allow me to play my graphical intensive games again. :/ But being an Insider I will keep reporting bugs and just deal with it until a fix. No turning back now.

Martin Pennington

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I also have an AMD mother board(ATI radion 4250) which I running two monitors off. Both different sizes no trouble under win 9 now I've had trouble with resolution settings and my windows don't resize automaticly when I drag them from one monitor to another.

gkruiter

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I was one of the early adopters of W10. However, I wished I had never done it.
This is now more than 2 weeks ago and I am still suffering application crashes every day. Especially MS apps such as Excel.
It looks like as if Excel opens a brand new version and apps like Outook and Word still in the old style.
If I would have known this, I would have waited a few months.
Good luck with it.
Geert

James Fields3

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
When I downloaded windows 10 it would not work if continue to be in a loop.
I was able to remove it and reinstalled Windows 7. I also believe a bug in windows 10 is still running If I try to make a post
on Yahoo news my keys do not work when trying to type. But I am able to write email and I did not have this issue until I installed Windows 10
I believe I will continue to use windows 7 for as long as my computer is working and if all the issues in Windows 10 are ever fixed and I buy another computer I will make up my mind if I was one with windows 10. Because of the negative experience I do not know if I want to have a computer with another new windows OS until it has proved to be free of issue. Windows 95 was the best
OS and ever time windows comes up with a new OS it come with a lot of issues.
If I continue to have the issue is windows going to replace my computer, repair it and provide me with another one until they fix their mess?

gaurav_jha

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I am using hp p100tx laptop having 4 gb RAM , i5 processor and 64 bit os . it was working very well with windows 8.1 but after the installation of windows 10 my laptop's battery backup reduced to 1/3 ,it gets heat up very quickly, screen brightness adjusting keys are not working , take lots of time to boot , so what should I do ?? switch back to 8.1 or there is a solution for these problems???

Cherie Harper

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I can't access the app store or xbox. I can't even update my computer. I've saved some of the fix window downloads and go to open the file and it just spins and doesn't respond. I can't copy and paste my pictures in my picture files. everything just freezes. I'm going to see if I can revert back to windows 7 I just hope it doesn't ruin my pc.

Kylie King

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
i don't know if this is the update that just happened, but ever since the last update for windows 10 i had problems, lots of them. i didn't really mind to much because i would restart my computer but then every time i did there would be something else wrong. and now my usb ports aren't working at all i've run troubleshooting and it couldn't fix it. I'm very annoyed i am a gamer and i need my usb ports to work.

Juan Chavez6

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Worst mistake i made so far was upgrading to windows 10. It's slower and sometimes my screen goes blank. Plus, I really don't see any value added to it. It just looks different, and you get something like Siri but named Cortena. Also, it looks like Microsoft really wants to know what you're up to. If you haven't upgraded, don't!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria