Windows 10 Theme Sync

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since Windows 8/8.1 I have never gotten theme syncing to work. Maybe I have it figured out in my head wrong but I am under the impression that if you set your color to red on your desktop, it will sync and change your color to red on your phone. This is what I want but I have never gotten it to work. Ever.

Sync settings are fine both ways and everything else sync - all my known wifi networks, edge favorites and edge passwords sync fine across my devices.

The "theme" however does not. Does anyone experience this problem? Does the theme syncing even work??

SamiBchennati

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't think this is a problem, you can sync documents, edge (favorites, passwords, etc.) but you can only sync the themes between desktops. Not from desktop to phone. So if you have two desktop computers or even laptops running windows 10 you can sync your desktop backgrounds on both devices. (I am not sure about themes but backgrounds, yes). It also works if you have a computer running windows 10 and the other running windows 8. But what you wrote about being able to sync the themes on phone and pc is not a bad idea and I think that Microsoft should include this feature in future builds. Hope that information helps you. Have a nice day. :grin:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this is a problem, you can sync documents, edge (favorites, passwords, etc.) but you can only sync the themes between desktops. Not from desktop to phone. So if you have two desktop computers or even laptops running windows 10 you can sync your desktop backgrounds on both devices. (I am not sure about themes but backgrounds, yes). It also works if you have a computer running windows 10 and the other running windows 8. But what you wrote about being able to sync the themes on phone and pc is not a bad idea and I think that Microsoft should include this feature in future builds. Hope that information helps you. Have a nice day. :grin:

Very helpful. Thank you :)

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Great tip, my friend, I didn't know about that :) I will do that between by windows tablet and my main pc.
Cheers

dvo1955

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I recently got a new laptop and when I first signed in it did sync the theme, sign in pic and everything but now if I change my background picture on my desktop it does not update my laptop. Yes OneDrive files are available but this is related to the Themes sync only. I do not want to create a new user to see if it works with that user I would really appreciate some insight other than making sure Sync is turned on, which it is on both computers.

nipun950

May 14, 2017
Visit site

I have my theme synced between my Windows 10 phone and Windows 8 PC. Sometimes it syncs with my windows 10 Laptop, sometimes not. It's a hit or a miss with windows theme sync.

This is what happens with me exactly--
1) Windows 8 PC always syncs with my phone(only color, wallpaper doesn't change) but not with my Windows 10 PC, and if I change accent color on my Phone, I does change on my windows 8 PC, but not Windows 10 Laptop.
2) If I change Wallpaper and color on my Windows 10 Laptop, it simply syncs with my Windows 8 PC, but not my phone directly. I've to boot my Windows 8 PC so that it first syncs with Windows 10 laptop, and then with my phone, changing accent color on my phone.

P.S.-
1) I've never got it to work as desired.
2) It's alot weirder than it sounds.

SamiBchennati

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I have my theme synced between my Windows 10 phone and Windows 8 PC. Sometimes it syncs with my windows 10 Laptop, sometimes not. It's a hit or a miss with windows theme sync.

This is what happens with me exactly--
1) Windows 8 PC always syncs with my phone(only color, wallpaper doesn't change) but not with my Windows 10 PC, and if I change accent color on my Phone, I does change on my windows 8 PC, but not Windows 10 Laptop.
2) If I change Wallpaper and color on my Windows 10 Laptop, it simply syncs with my Windows 8 PC, but not my phone directly. I've to boot my Windows 8 PC so that it first syncs with Windows 10 laptop, and then with my phone, changing accent color on my phone.

P.S.-
1) I've never got it to work as desired.
2) It's alot weirder than it sounds.

Yes the theme sync needs to be worked on. And sorry I was wrong on what I said. You can actually sync the theme on Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10. Also Windows 8, but I don't think Windows phone 8. If you have Windows 10 Mobile, go to all settings, in the search bar type Sync and press on "sync your settings". Under the Individual sync settings, you can tern theme to on. That will let you change the theme on your computer and that will automatically change it on your phone. and vice versa. You can also enable other sync settings. (do the same on Windows 10 pc and enable the theme sync (if its disabled)). Im running Windows 10 v.1703 build 15063.540. I hope that I helped you a little. :smile:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@SamiBchennati, I am having a sync issue of a different type, maybe you can help with:), it's involves the read/unread syncing in Outlook, on Office 365. Not long ago, when I read an email on one of my computers, it would show up as read on the other computers (and even on my W10 950XL). As of late they are not meshing, and if I read emails on one computer, it is not registered on the other computers; for example: if I read all my emails on the downstairs computer, and then go to my desktop I still have ALL the same emails showing up as unread again...VERY, VERY frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte