Windows 10 this page is having a problem loading, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

windows 10 "this page is having a problem loading"

Pages stop after 1/2 second and show above. Chrome works fine

FairfaxCA

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I just upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 yesterday. Chrome worked well. I had Microsoft call me; the tech said to use IE11 and maybe Edge will fix itself. Isn't that wonderful. Maybe I'll just continue using Chrome as the default with the Bing2Google extension so I won't need to deal with Bing.

FairfaxCA

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
same problem here, but the important point is how can this be fix.

When I contacted MS support the tech said to use IE11 and maybe Edge will fix itself. He may have meant with an upcoming update. When I had Cortana activated she(?) and the search box would time out in a couple of seconds so I couldn’t use either. Maybe that is also part of the page loading problem. I’ll try to contact MS support again. Maybe everyone with this problem should contact them, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

knudarvitsen

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If you use the search box in the task bar it will open Bing even if you have Chrome set as the default browser. I haven’t found a way to make Google the default search, there may not be one. MS wants the add money for themselves.
Go to google.com with Edge, open settings and advanced settings, click "change search engine". you should have Google as an option there.
But I get the "This page is having a problem loading" when using Edge's search box to search with Google as well...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen