Windows 10 Update Not Working, How Can I Get It Working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Update Not Working

I hope this forum can help. I've tried several others. My Win 10 Update function is not working at all. There are over 100 updates saying "Waiting for Download." The progress bar stays at 0%, even when there is nothing else running at all.

I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic, and it said "service registration is missing or corrupt." It won't say which service it's talking about.

I ran SPF /scannow and it said no integrity violations.

I ran DISM /scanhealth, /checkhealth, and /restorehealth, and they said "no component store corruption detected" and "restore operation completed successfully."

I did all the steps in "Reset Windows Update Components" and they all completed successfully, but nothing changed except that the list of updates disappeared (they all reappeared as soon as I clicked on 'Updates are available).

A search on "service registration is missing or corrupt" shows that this is a common problem, but I've tried everything suggested, and nothing has helped with the problem.

The only advice that I haven't tried is to re-install Windows 10. I don't want to have to re-install MS Office, Kaspersky, etc.

Can anyone help with this?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Update Not Working

I hope this forum can help. I've tried several others. My Win 10 Update function is not working at all. There are over 100 updates saying "Waiting for Download." The progress bar stays at 0%, even when there is nothing else running at all.

I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic, and it said "service registration is missing or corrupt." It won't say which service it's talking about.

I ran SPF /scannow and it said no integrity violations.

I ran DISM /scanhealth, /checkhealth, and /restorehealth, and they said "no component store corruption detected" and "restore operation completed successfully."

I did all the steps in "Reset Windows Update Components" and they all completed successfully, but nothing changed except that the list of updates disappeared (they all reappeared as soon as I clicked on 'Updates are available).

A search on "service registration is missing or corrupt" shows that this is a common problem, but I've tried everything suggested, and nothing has helped with the problem.

The only advice that I haven't tried is to re-install Windows 10. I don't want to have to re-install MS Office, Kaspersky, etc.

Can anyone help with this?

Um hmmmm..

Maybe best to try refreshing your PC without affecting your files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria