Windows 10 upgrade over Windows 8 Single Language

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have got Windows 10 Pro installed as part of Windows Insider Program. I had Windows 8 Single Language (OEM). Now once on July 29, I get final build, will it remain Pro edition or will it be Single Language OEM edition? (after I opt out of insider builds)

And if Stop Insider Builds, post final build release, and I format my PC post July 29th 2016, Windows 10 won't be free anymore. Since OEM recovery partition contains Windows 8, it will install Windows 8. How will I get Windows 10 then????

Is there a way, where we can make recovery image of Windows 10??

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
What you have now IS the final build. There will be updates through Windows update but sit back and enjoy. There will not be any more builds until threshold 2 is ready to deploy beta. Your system is what it is and should stay like that even if you leave the insider preview.

I've deleted partitions and reinstalled off the iso I made from th1 and it activates just fine to Windows 10 pro.

Microsoft has been taking issue with media referring to "RTM" which, because of the change with development of Windows 10, there is none. Th1 was the build that was distributed to manufacturers to install on their systems and from this point on all you will see are updates through Windows update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans