Windows 10?

dssj1361

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Do you think it will be possible to somehow update Ativ SE or Ativ Odyssey to Windows 10? I'm about to buy an Ativ Odyssey, but I doubt it will receive an update from Verizon.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would hope Samsung and VZW put 10 on the ATIV SE, but I would not buy the ATIV Odyssey at this time. I'd sooner get a Lumia 822, 928 or LG Lancet. VZW may not push 10 to those phones, but the Lancet's relative newness gives me hope and worst case scenario, you can use Insider on the 822 and 928 since I believe it will continue after launch.

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Get the Lumia icon for Verizon or the m8 those are 2 of the best wp for any carrier . I have the icon and I'm running wp10 near perfectly now. I'm sure just staying up to date with all the preview builds because being with Verizon means I probably won't get any update for a phone that's not a Samsung or Iphone so part of having a Verizon phone is updating it yourself

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty confident that there will be a preview for developers type program to put windows 10 on ALL windows phone 8 devices, unlike the windows insider which is Lumia exclusive (except the M8). Microsoft just doesn't have the time or resources at the moment due to the desktop w10 launch.

Techru

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I got the notification for Win10 Mobile 10536.1004 also. In USA on Verizon, update went well, only took about 30 minutes, coming from 8.1.1.
After playing around a bit, updating apps, etc. noticed that a few apps (MS Maps) didn't update. Then noticed that I had no WiFi. It was disabled, and could not turn it back on, even after soft reset. Now performing a hard reset. May try again, if option is available again. Did like most of the style, features and feel of this version (10536.1004). Was really shocked to get the notification though, as no one seems to admit that it is available for anything but, MS & Nokia Lumias and the HTC One(M8).

Techru

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Well, Gabe Aul confirmed the glitch last night. We were not supposed to get the update...and I guess there are still things that do not work on non Lumia phones. Shame, as it was really looking and working nice...except that WiFi thing :confused:

Harish39

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Are you guys still getting that windows 10 notification?
I just tried installing windows insider and it says no build for phone

Techru

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
You will not get the notification any more. MS fixed the issue on their server so that it would not mistakenly send the update to non-compatible phones.

Plus, why would you want the update on your ATIV SE when it will disable WiFi? You really want to burn through your data plan, as that will be the only connection you would have?

Brad Herr

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
How did your hard reset go? Did the device fail to install most of your core apps (settings, store, etc.)? If so, don't panic. You can easily flash back to 8.0. Let me know if you'd like to know more.

lindemann

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
hey guys, i installed windows 10 mobile on my device too, and i know how to flash it back to 8.0 but i would like to stay at windows 10 mobile but after a hard reset i am missing all my core apps. do you have any solution for this? i already did a second hard reset with the volume key combination, it didnt helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel