windows 8.1 Update

U

Unregistered

I own a Nokia Lumia 625 and I am from Pakistan. Everyone got the update and my Lumia didn't I think everyone who owns a 625 didn't. That's just said as this phone came in 2013 and it should be getting the update early. Even the 520 has it.. I also tried changing regions to get the update but didn't.... And now I'm frustrated and thinking to back on my s3 for now.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I own a Nokia Lumia 625 and I am from Pakistan. Everyone got the update and my Lumia didn't I think everyone who owns a 625 didn't. That's just said as this phone came in 2013 and it should be getting the update early. Even the 520 has it.. I also tried changing regions to get the update but didn't.... And now I'm frustrated and thinking to back on my s3 for now.

I could be wrong about specific regions, but some 625's out somewhere were first actually. (fun fact for today! woo)

and wait, you're saying this budget phone should be first because of age? No, you're complaining because its the phone you happen to have.
With the 8.0 Update 3 + Lumia Black rollout, it understandably rolled out from high to low end. But then people complain because their bargain 520 was closer to last. Now we get a rollout that had no rhyme or reason. 925! 625! this that! others next! I understand you love updates, who doesnt, but don't speak about what should be first or no. ("early" hah. sure its more recent, but its kinda budget-y not gonna lie.)

OK, I can't say for Pakistan, can someone check if its actually available? (it IS unlocked right?)

And changing the region on your phone does NOT affect updates. That would require a full-on ROM flash, which results could vary. (I have a 920 flashed to a different country, and LTE went south, so you could be looking at a tradeoff.)

But if you want, go ahead, go back to your SIII, its still a fine phone. See how updates are over there. (not as rosy as you may think, now if it were a Nexus or a Moto...)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion