windows 8 phone calendar and facebook

cory1717

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
hey guys i just got my htc8x and i love it but the calendar and facebook birthdays and other events dont show up. i do have the facebook box checked and it is on but doesnt show any new events or birthdays. any help ???? thx guys

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If they don't show up in the calendar app, try going into settings - accounts and manually sync the Facebook account. They should appear instantly but perhaps they take a little while.

There is also a setting inside the calendar app that is checked by default. It will only show events that you responded to. Uncheck it if you want it to show all event you are invited. I prefer the default settings, but I think it's worth mentioning that feature.

cory1717

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I did both of those things its weird it shows old events from this month but nothing new from upcoming months like birthdays and other events

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You could add the Facebook Birthday and Event feeds into the calendar section of your Live/Microsoft account on Outlook.com. That's a work around though, and you would lose some functionality like seeing the wall for the event/being able to RSVP through the calendar event on your phone itself. It would work the exact same for birthdays, though. It's an option, though, if you can't get a fix otherwise.

The only other suggestion I might have is to remove and re-add your FB account. It's worth a shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss