Windows displays in Win7. Can't access any files?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows displays in Win7. Can't access any files

I have installed the required driver in Win7 system. The OS display the device, but when I open a window to browse the files on the phone, the window is blank. I have tried a laptop with Win 8.1 to access the phone. The access phone loads and says my phone has problem and needs restart. I duly restart and enter security code. It still stays the phone has problem. I have soft reset phone, no change.

Ideas?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows displays in Win7. Can't access any files

What phone OS are you referring to?

Did you try a different USB cable? Are you connected to the internet? Did you allow the phone to install the drivers or did you find them from somewhere?

Did you wait until the drivers were full installed? They do take some time.

wenhamd

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the response.

Phone model Lumia 930 RM-1045

Windows Phone 8.1 OS version is 8.10.14219.341

2 cables one that came with the phone and another older cable probably from a samsung phone.

Windowsa Phone App for desktop is installed.

Device manager : reports that the driver is not installed. However, microsoft doesn't easily provide a driver that I can find.

Windows 8.1 laptop states that the phone is having problems.

Cheers!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Firs things first.

Make sure you're connected to the internet. You cannot install the drivers for WP without an internet connection.

Second make sure you have the OS setup to automatically install drivers - How-To Make Windows 7 Automatically Find New Device Drivers

Lastly, when you attach the phone, make sure it's unlocked and wait before trying to do anything. Make sure that it's installing the driver (usually an icon shows up in the bottom right) The drivers take a few minutes to install.

With the W8.1 laptop if the app is installed I'd recommend removing it. Uninstall the drivers. Make sure the OS installs drivers automatically. Then attach the phone unlocked and follow the advice from above. Be patient.

Micro Center Tech Support Online - How to enable/disable automatic driver installation for Windows 8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss