Windows Greed

Colonelbob

Aug 20, 2024
Visit site
In my opinion, the primary for the strict requirements for windows 11 is greed. By imposing the TPM 2.0 standard Microsoft and the computer manufacturers have made millions of otherwise excellent systems useless knowing that this would require people to purchase or build new systems. This, of course, enriches the technology companies and especially Microsoft.
I have been building systems for many years and until now have been able to upgrade most of my systems to the next windows OS. I am a hobby builder, now retired, and no longer building systems except for my personal use or immediate family.
I understand the cyber threats but for personal systems there are many ways to protect your systems. VPN is excellent protection for personal protection and privacy. There are viable security software from many companies to provide malware and hacking protection.
I am not a fan of windows 11. I have a couple of windows 11 systems but personally prefer windows 10 pro to windows 11. I think that windows 7 was a better OS in many ways than windows 11.
I also remember Microsoft’s promise that “Windows 10 would be the last version of Windows. That updates would made improvements to Windows 10 as needed.”
That was an obvious lie. The primary motivation for Windows 11 and its’ security requirements is greed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc