Windows Media player?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got a HTC Titan phone. was wondering why a windows phone has no way to get Windows Streaming media on it? I realze that Flash is basically done since Adobe decided not to support it for Mobile phones. The thing is there is an incredible amount of flash going on from Streaming like Hulu to other sites I know of. I dont understand no Windows Media Play on a Windows Phone. Microsoft should get their own license to have Flash on Windows Phones and Microsoft support it. Yea I know about HTML5 but I don't see that happening right away.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well , flash is dead.. HTML5 has already taken over , all new sites are in HTML5 and existing one are converting ( even Iphone is dropping flash )

what exactly are you trying to do?? you want to stream a video from your PC onto your cellphone???

if thats what you want to do read up this forum it explains how to do it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=892906

this guys support it via EI browser: http://tversity.com/

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
well , flash is dead.. HTML5 has already taken over , all new sites are in HTML5 and existing one are converting ( even Iphone is dropping flash )

what exactly are you trying to do?? you want to stream a video from your PC onto your cellphone???

if thats what you want to do read up this forum it explains how to do it.

A way to stream from PC to WP7 device? - xda-developers

this guys support it via EI browser: TVersity - Home
That is good to know that Tversity is compatiable.
I was not really trying to stream from computer to phone although not a bad thought.
I was looking at trying to watch livestream.com and Ustream.com. There is a greek orthodox religous web site that streams out on Windows Media TV feed and some others I know of. There is also Watch Mobile Television broadcasts on the Internet. too

Wanted to add too along with Windows media Player there is no Silverlight by Microsoft. Some of the windows media feeds use Silverlight.

Last edited:

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Flash isn't dead, yet. It's still everywhere and it's still a detriment not to support it. Not that I care. Flash completely destroys browser performance on most mobile phones. However, there are occasions when I have to break out my other phone to view a video embedded on a blog or something, without trying to search for it on YouTube and whatnot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf