Windows on ARM64

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Windows on ARM is coming late this year to notebooks, tablets and servers.

In terms of notebooks and tablets, I wonder what surface product MSFT will "lead" with, and what their partner OEMs have planned?

I thought it might be fun to speculate on what shape this new market will take :)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There surely will be but what?

Surface Mini/Note?
"Surface 2017"
Surface Laptop "Super thin version"?

I doubt the name "Mini" will be used. Ha ha Is there another word for "note"??? Like a Latin or Greek word? It seems that "note" is a pretty popular name for a device with a screen between that of a phone and a tablet. I was thinking last night....what could MS name their flagship Suface mobile device??? The Surface _________? :)

Sent from mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
There surely will be but what?

Surface Mini/Note?
"Surface 2017"
Surface Laptop "Super thin version"?
Seriously I know. Just looking forward myself and thanks for this thread.

It will be tablet driven I bet. However I'd like to see MacBook air competition. Fanless thin mega ultrabooks 13".

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I doubt the name "Mini" will be used. Ha ha Is there another word for "note"??? Like a Latin or Greek word? It seems that "note" is a pretty popular name for a device with a screen between that of a phone and a tablet. I was thinking last night....what could MS name their flagship Suface mobile device??? The Surface _________? :)

Sent from mTalk

Scribe?
Write?
Slate?

Actually if my deductions about "Andromeda" are correct that its a detachable dual screen clamshell, I am confused about what they'll call that either. "Fold"? "Filip" "Notebook"?

Hopefully they have a jam session on some of these names XD

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Seriously I know. Just looking forward myself and thanks for this thread.

It will be tablet driven I bet. However I'd like to see MacBook air competition. Fanless thin mega ultrabooks 13".

Yeah, seems likely to be some kind of tablet. And would be better if it was a little distant from existing form factors, because OEMs could really use a prod to think outside of the whole yoga/surface square.

I'm hoping for a 8.9 inch tablet with a microphone array for Cortana, active stylus, and AR depth sensors for augemented reality. But I could be dreaming!

Still yeah, a MacBook air competitor would make a lot of sense, as no doubt ARM could be made thinner, and lighter than x64 has the ability to. And while we are on the topic, a smaller surface studio for more regular folks wouldn't be silly either

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I doubt it will be a laptop or Surface because they just released new ones a month ago. Smaller Surface, maybe.

Sent from mTalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Surface _________?

Folio

If we get a fold out dual screen that goes from 5.3" (or so) comm device to 10.x" tablet. A neat trick, IMHO, would be an active back screen in comm mode for notifications, weather, news headlines, etc. Then a stop between comm and tablet where the second screen becomes a virtual keyboard (both screens forced landscape). Then full tablet mode when fully unfolded.

Don't forget the pen, please and thank you.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, we need a hint on when. Or something... Its slowly killing off the mobile crowd from the Windows platform...

If not when then they need to slip in a note of something concrete that we can save up for...ARM based laptops are not what I need personally. I wouldn't mind an ARM mini surface thing like mentioned before, with LTE. All screen 6" little bezel hard surface-like back/back cover, 7.5mm thick and an aspect ration that allows it to still fit in my pocket and look excellent while working with it. It could even run W10M upgradeable to W10.X or whatever. I'm wondering what the heck they're really waiting on now? Software?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss