Windows Phone 7.x - is there a chance to get some things

rumcajs997

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I`m new here and I`m not sure that this the right place to ask my questions but I`ll try ;) BTW Sorry for my english, I`m not native so forgive me some language mistakes.

I bought my Lumia 900 just few days ago. Generally this is a great phone and WP OS is nice too but I`ve noticed few very annoying issues:

1) The problem with gallery sharpness, that is described here - http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...y-quirk-could-blame-nokia-camera-problem.html - my post is the last one. Generally it is not only Camera pictures problem but with every picture that is in high resolution.

2) Is there a chance to get "Open in background" option in IE ? This new IE is very nice, but without "Open in background" is completly useless for me... 9 favorites pages on start page like in Opera would be nice too :) And the problem is that there is no other usefull browsers on the market...

3) Cannot select multiple pictures for deleting, sending or uploading. They must be done one at a time. And where are some simple picture details ? A cannot even check the resolution!

There are few other issues (lack of battery % for example) but these three are the most annoying for me. I was hoping that Windows Phone 7.8 will solve some of them but nothing have changed...

Is there some Nokia or Microsoft representatives that could tell me that these three problems could be solved on WP 7.8 soon or maeby there is no chance for it ? Is it solved in Windows Phone 8 ? These issues are completely unacceptable for me and if there is no chance to get some solution soon, I will have to go back to my old Samsung Wave 3 phone...

Thank for the answer.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
3) Cannot select multiple pictures for deleting, sending or uploading. They must be done one at a time. And where are some simple picture details ? A cannot even check the resolution!

Hey there,

I for myself don't get why MS did not include that kind of "normal" feature to the pictures hub... but at least there is this app which can show you some standard picture info:
Picture Info | Windows Phone Apps + Games Store (Deutschland)

I hope it helpes a bit :)

rumcajs997

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
THX for the answers!

I`ll check this UC Browser and Picture Info. There is still the "first" issue and this is the bigest one for me... Before I bought Lumia 900, I read almost all reviews that I have found and I can`t belief that no one mentioned about this gallery sharpness issue. I have found only this one topic so I have started to think that maeby something is wrong with my eyes but my eyes are in good condtion ;) If there is no chance to solve this problem, I`ll have to sell my Lumia becouse a cannot imagine to use gallery with photos and pictures and to zoom slightly every picture to see its normal quality... I`m curious, is this issue solved in WP 8.0 ?

EDIT:

Unfortunately UC Browser is not as good as a thought, to many times I got "Out of memory" error... It`s a shame that WP doesn`t have Opera Mini, which is the best mobile browser in my opinion.
I`ll sell this Lumia, maeby I`ll back to WP in the future, Nokia has some amazing features like Radio Mix (absolutely great !!!), Navigation, screen quality and its responsive are absolutely amazing but for now WP 7.8 without good internet browser and with few other issues is totally useless for me...

Last edited:

rumcajs997

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Meaby you just don`t realise that something is wrong... What phone do you have ? Maeby on other WP models everything is fine. I`m talking about Lumia 900 with WP 7.8. I still have my old Samsung Wave 3 so I can compare both phones and I see that on Lumia 900 something is wrong with full screen high resolution pictures, when you save them to your phone gallery. You can see it especially on people high resolution pictures.

Try this one - http://www.eurovision.tv/img/upload/news/2009/Finland/Profile/WaldosPeople-01.jpg - on this pictures you can see it clearly. Open it in IE on Lumia 900, then save it (in full resolution) to your phone, and then open it in your WP gallery. On full screen this picture is totally jagged and if you zoom in just a little bit it starts to look perfect. There is some issue that WP 7.8 on Lumia 900 doesn`t smoothen high resolution pictures on the full screen and starts to do it only when you zoom in even just a little bit. I`m afraid that this happen not only on my phone ;) Shame, this phone is great, WP is very nice, but with such gallery issue it is useless for me...

Could you check it and tell me how does it look like on your phone? I`m just curious.

Last edited:

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
That is really weird. It did do the pixilation thing with my phone, but that's the only picture I've ever seen that happen on. There were a bunch of other weird things about it too. It saved the picture to the beginning of my saved pictures album, and for a while wouldn't let me even long press the picture to get it to save, I had to reboot my phone. I also couldn't get it to zoom out to show the whole picture in the browser. Have you tried it with other pictures?

rumcajs997

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Ofcours I have tried with other pictures. And what I can tell is that this sharpness issue happens with every picture, as higher picture resolution, as clearer this issue can be seen. On 800x600 pictures that you can find in Radio Mix, it is impossible to see it, there are too small. On FullHD pictures it is possible to see it, especially on horizontal phone position, but it is not exctremally bad, and finally on very high resolution pictures like 4000x3000 it is very very bad. And ofcours I`m talking only about pictures that were saved to WP Gallery, these pictures opened in for example IE look very good.

I assume that Microsoft did something with it to keep smoothness in WP Gallery, but thanks to that for me this Gallery is useless... Lumia 900 has gorgeous screen, AMOLED without PenTile is what I like so I`m very very dissapointed that Microsoft did something like that. But I`m very puzzled that no one in any review of this phone that I`ve read mentioned about it. I`m very curious how does it look like in WP 8.0, if it is solved, I will start to think about Lumia 820.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923