Windows Phone 8.1 not updating apps in Alaska

Shawn Ruch

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 and have the update to windows phone 8.1. I work in Northern Alaska and updated to 8.1 in Alaska. I live in Texas. When I updated everything worked well for about a day. I then noticed that I couldn't install new apps and already installed apps wouldn't update. They just stay in a pending state. I have read a few posts with the developers update before the final release of this happening, but can't find any information of it happening after the final release. I am on ATT if that matters.

I did a hard reset and didn't use a saved profile to install when I went home last month and the phone worked great the 2 weeks I was in Texas. It would install apps and updates for the apps without any issues. It would also update my work and one personal email accounts as the emails came in without issue. Now that I am back in Alaska the issue is back. I have to manually sync all my email accounts as well. I don't want to have to hard reset my phone every time I go to work. Is there any fix that has been found for this problem?

I have tried soft resetting, turning off the auto install updates, stopping the update and restarting the update, and even uninstalled an app and tried to reinstall it.

Please help. Thank you.

Shawn

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Wow. I was in Ak last month in the Anchorage and Valdez area and same thing happened to me. I'm on Verizon. Apps wouldn't update or install. Email in multiple accounts wouldn't sync automatically. In the mornings, after charging overnight, my phone was locked up. Most of the time I had LTE or 3G. Really weird!!

Shawn Ruch

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I still don't have an answer to this issue. I am on the Northern Slope and am on AT&T E. But when I am in Anchorage I have the same issue. Not sure what I was on there, but pretty sure it wasn't AT&T E.

Shawn Ruch

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok, but what will that accomplish? I do have an update on this. Since I went back home as soon as i got on my home wifi network everything started working again without a reset of the phone.Now that I am back on the slope the only issue i am having is on data hotmail will not auto update. Gmail will. On wifi everything works correctly.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Since you are changing time zones or if not the differences in local times would cause the phone to send a wrong time stamp at each request at the server.

This might make the server reject your phones due to either thinking that your phone is behind critical updates (this doesn't have to do with the one few days ago) or that you are trying to screw something with your phone.

Tldr: Servers use Ntp with slight tolerances. Faulty date+time on phone=phone rejection at server end

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EricaFork