Windows phone 8.1 update 2

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Totally unknown. It was to bring 3D touch but since they tanked McLaren we're pretty much clueless as to what will be in it. Saying that, it probably won't be much for the user anyway as these are incremental updates mostly for bugs and hardware.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully if it brings split screen, it can be turned off. I can think of nothing worse than trying to use 2 programs on my 1520. Even with a 6 inch screen, it would be cramped...

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately wmpoweruser as as credible as my great grandma when it comes to being a source for Windows Phone related news/leaks. And by that I mean not credible at all.

I was just sharing what I read and I also forgot to say in other article of them they were also mentioning a windows phone with build 8.15.xxxxx.xx was also arrived at the WP bench. I mean that's a huge jump.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully if it brings split screen, it can be turned off. I can think of nothing worse than trying to use 2 programs on my 1520. Even with a 6 inch screen, it would be cramped...

If devs get the scaling correctly, it shouldn't be much of an issue. I've been using 2 apps at once on my old HTC Blackstone and HTC Leo with Windows Mobile all the time. It was pretty useful. And I can imagine a couple of situations where it can come in handy on WP as well. But making it optional would certainly be good, I agree.

I was just sharing what I read and I also forgot to say in other article of them they were also mentioning a windows phone with build 8.15.xxxxx.xx was also arrived at the WP bench. I mean that's a huge jump.

I wasn't blaming you at all, no worries. :) Just trying to point out that everything WMPU publishes needs to be taken with a grain of salt. WPC and TheVerge are more credible.

AMRooke

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm so bummed that MS decided to kill not only the 3D Gestures (makes sense if the technology wasn't ready yet), but killed the entire McLaren device. My wife and I had been looking forward to updating our Lumia 920s to McLarens, as they looked like real flagships, unlike the Icon/930, which was manufactured with displays that are no capable of the Glance feature (which I use extensively), all to reduce the cost by a few bucks, and now leaving MS/Nokia without a current flagship on the horizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss