Windows Phone 8 not syncing with Zune

cocochannel

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got the HTC WP 8X and it does not sync with my playlists in Zune. (Had the HTC HD7) I dont want to lose all my playlists that are on zune and I am not getting Windows 8. What are my options?

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
You need to download the windows phone app. WP8 won't work with zune. Sorry. You can recreate your playlists in Xbox music on windows 8 and turn on cloud syncing. They'll show up on your phone automatically.

cocochannel

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
You need to download the windows phone app. WP8 won't work with zune. Sorry. You can recreate your playlists in Xbox music on windows 8 and turn on cloud syncing. They'll show up on your phone automatically.

Whats the "windows phone app"?
And I am not getting Windows 8. Sticking to 7 until Microsoft gets it together

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but this program is not installing on my windows! ugh
I had a problem where it started the install but the progress bar just "stuck" at the very beginning and never moved. I waited several minutes, and found there was a permissions issue that needed my administrator approval on the task bar. Once I opened it up and accepted it, then it installed.

Bryan_J

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
that program sucks you can't edit anything and it wont sync the play-list "names" just the songs.

I'll second that. DO NOT use the modern app. The desktop app is serviceable, though for me WMP seems marginally better. The modern app is just painful.

machina

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I really like the way Windows 8 apps look, I get the simplicity approach,
but the BIG problem with most of these apps (including the new Windows Phone app) is that they're losing functionality.
ie. why isn't there a Search button in the Store App?! it doesn't make sense.

Zune was a great piece of software, MS shouldn't drop it like that for this bare-bone WP app.

That's one of the major reasons why I never liked Mac OS.. the controls are always limited and limiting.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
but the BIG problem with most of these apps (including the new Windows Phone app) is that they're losing functionality.

Zune was a great piece of software, MS shouldn't drop it like that for this bare-bone WP app.

That's one of the major reasons why I never liked Mac OS.. the controls are always limited and limiting.

While I generally agree with you, search in the windows 8 store app is actually just done via the search on the charms bar. In that case it's just a problem of a bad explanation of how to do something (or no explanation I guess) vs missing functionality. :)

Markoz25

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here I managed to transfer my Zune playlists into WMP but other thing that i will miss with Zune is the wireless syncing...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Windows key + c opens the charms bar. Then click Search and select Store.

Nic Myers

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow.. I can't believe they dropped Zune software... AND there is not way to sync my phone. Seriously? And this new music app kills me, it assumes you have a.) a fast internet connection and b.) unlimited data. Maybe those aren't always true... it would take me ten years to redownload all my songs and I don't want to store any of them in some cloud. I have used WP since WP7 came out, I used Zune since it was first released and a longtime user of Xbox... and this is the thanks I get. A confusing, muddled, inferior product that used to be amazing.... This is only slightly more annoying than finding out my newly bought WP7 that came out a couple weeks before Win8 OS was released was not at all compatible with Win8 because technically it was Win7 based... How hard is it to adapt your software to allow backwards compatibility with your own devices and software?? Sorry I know this isn't what this thread is for but seriously.. is there any way to fix this? Any patch or workaround?

Chris Goodall

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Music Bee is useless, doesnt even recognise that there is a phone plugged in.

However, WMP, dare I say it, works. Its a PITA that we cant use the windows phone app because its utter crap, and keeps bouncing the 8300300B error, because it looks like it would work great.

I'm an ex iPhone user, on Win7Pro. So I use iTunes heavily, and the failure of the WP App was nearly a deal breaker, and the beautiful new HTC was about to go back in favour of an iPhone, all because microsoft can't sort their **** out.

However, with WMP, i can drop all the playlists from iTunes into new ones on WMP, then in turn, drop those into the sync manager bar. WMP is slow, and a PITA, but it does the trick. Go back to the phone and hey presto, music in the right order, right playlist, is all present and correct.

Just crappy that we have to resort the the WMP dinosaur in order to get media onto the phone. Lucky it exists, or I'd be ditching WP8, even though its a mostly alright system.

pratikhjoshi

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
i have download Zune from windows site but yet not get connected notification in software..

Please help me out in this what i have to do to connect sofware to my phone..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss