Windows phone calender not syncing?

Mike Jansen

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I both have a Lumia830. Under my .Live account I created a shared calendar (made my wife co-owner). When she enters appointments in this calendar, sometimes they are synced and sometimes not. I do no see any difference in the way the adds appointments. They are visible in her calendar in her phone (the shared calendar) but I do no see them (on phone or pc).
The strange thing is that when she adds about 10 appointments at once. like 7 are synced and 3 are not.

I cannot figure is out.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am having the same problem. It has only been happening recently, like in the last couple months. It is infuriating and defeats the purpose of a shared calendar when everyone seems to have a different version. If anyone can shed light on this that would be great!!!

mrruz

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows phone calender sometimes not syncing

I ran into this also. Are the appointments being entered through the browser, phone, outlook, desktop app, or all the above. I ran into a problem with Outlook 2013 syncing issues a while back and running a repair fixed the problem.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing here, but are the missing appointments marked "private"? Just a thought...

G.

I checked that. None of the appointments are marked private. First thing I thought of. I wish that was it, it would have been an easy fix!

I ran into this also. Are the appointments being entered through the browser, phone, outlook, desktop app, or all the above. I ran into a problem with Outlook 2013 syncing issues a while back and running a repair fixed the problem.

I enter appointments on the browser, win8 calendar modern app, with no problems. But when I enter them on my phone, they do not get synced. They show up on my phone, but nowhere else, even though I am quadruple checking that it did in fact sync, and that I am entering into the right calendar, and they are not private. I'm at a loss. Drives me nuts! My wife also enters events on her phone, and most of the time they work, but even for her the odd event will not go through and shows up only on her phone. Argh!!!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'd disable the Calendar sync on both handsets.
​Then on one handset re-enable it and see if the sync untangles itself.
​Then hook the other one back up and re-test.

mrruz

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Yeah... If turning off sync doesn't work you might need to do a full reset. I'd contact Microsoft too, because this could be a server side issue... Unlikely, but I've found instances of them on forums before.

Mike Jansen

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Disabled the sync and enabled again. Did a test on my phone but still the same issue.
This is getting critical. A calendar isn't helping a lot if I can't trust it ;-(

anon(5666610)

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Same here... Appointments entered through the browser sync just fine with both the WP and the RT calender apps. The other way around is hit and miss I'm afraid and actually defeats the purpose of the whole set up IMO

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have several calendars. On just ONE of those calendars, no changes were send down from outlook.com to devices, but it would go the other way from a device to outlook.com website calendar. All of the other calendars worked fine.

After trying all of the "solutions", I just exported event from that calendar, created a new calendar, and imported them into the new calendar and set up the sharing again among users. =( Dumb that I had to do that in order to fix it. Ugh.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Yes, now it is happening with any phone synced to my calendar. Totally random and unreliable whether an event will actually get synced across devices. Completely undermines the value of a shared calendar!!!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Works fine for my Calendars and shared Calendars. Across devices/platforms etc.
So it may well be account(s)-specific.
I'd be opening a support ticket with Microsoft.​​

anon(5666610)

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

These last 2 or 3 weeks everything looks to be working fine, both on my lumia 1020 and surface rt... Haven't changed anything myself so I assume it was a server issue at Microsoft's end... Hope everyobe else's accounts are syncing fine now 👍

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

These last 2 or 3 weeks everything looks to be working fine, both on my lumia 1020 and surface rt... Haven't changed anything myself so I assume it was a server issue at Microsoft's end... Hope everyobe else's accounts are syncing fine now 👍
Yeah, seems to be working better lately. Haven't verified that it is working 100%, as I have been paranoid and using outlook.com web interface.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb