Windows phone lacks cache management.

chivalro

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
when I was on win 8.0 on my Lumia 520, streaming videos caused filling up of other folder (1.2gb to 1.5gb within an hour), and even after cyan update, the problem hasn't gone away (1.1gb to 1.3 gb just for streaming 30min). and also since the time I moved my apps to memory card, there is also an other folder on it (via storage sense). if MS cannot manage storage, why don't they release an app which allows us to check this other folder, cz streaming videos will be a trouble now.

chivalro

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Sure. But amount of temporary files that it shows is 8.57mb ND so does storage check. Nd other folder has risen by 200mb. I tried everything. It came down to 1.2 GB from 1.3 GB... But still I cannot risk streaming. What if it fills up ND I m unable to recover!??!

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya agree windows phone is not good for streaming especially in low storage devices. It fills the space with others.android is way better for watching videos.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Not only you can go to the delete history in IE but you can also go to advanced settings, then scroll all the way down to either check or uncheck to Allow sites to store files on the phone. From there you can hit Manage storage and you can see what websites are storing files on your phone and you have the option to clear what you want.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny.. Ever since I installed the 8.1 DP, I've never ever had issues with the other storage again. The system folder increased by almost 100% right after installation, but it hasn't gone up ever since. Temporary files grow depending on my usage, but storage sense easily cleans them up.

chivalro

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
But other folder, whenever I stream any video, whether from IE or uc browser. So I have to download the video, watch it, and then del it. No matter what I do, whether it be apps or streaming anything, other shoots up

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
But other folder, whenever I stream any video, whether from IE or uc browser. So I have to download the video, watch it, and then del it. No matter what I do, whether it be apps or streaming anything, other shoots up

Like I said, my other folder seems to have not been touched in any way since I upgraded to 8.1. Everything goes to the temporary folder, which can be maintained easily. You should really follow tropolite's advice and not only clear your browser history, but also check if you permitted certain websites to store data on your device.

chivalro

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Like I said, my other folder seems to have not been touched in any way since I upgraded to 8.1. Everything goes to the temporary folder, which can be maintained easily. You should really follow tropolite's advice and not only clear your browser history, but also check if you permitted certain websites to store data on your device.

I clear browser history everyday. Haven't permitted any website to store data on my phone.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... When you get the prompt asking whether you want to Open or Save the video... Which one do you pick ??

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
1. Delete cache and history of all browsers
2. If you have uploaded pictures to "camera roll" folder to OneDrive, move them to any other folder(works in WP 8, don't know in WP 8.1)
3. Don't forget "Lumia storage check beta". In my phone, temporary folder shows 0 bytes in storage sense but it shows 403 Mb in Lumia storage check-reduced to 30 Mb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750