Wm 6.5?

Cascade#IM

Nov 21, 2006
Visit site
There's a cooked ROM of 6.5 over at XDA. I loaded it and it actually runs pretty well. No crashes or stuff like that. The optical mouse has issues, however. It works, but leaves traces of where it's been. Not bad for a first effort by the guy over there.

I ended up going back to 6.1. Not sure 6.5 is actually any better if you're running a thorough shell like I am.

pulsorock

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
There's a cooked ROM of 6.5 over at XDA. I loaded it and it actually runs pretty well. No crashes or stuff like that. The optical mouse has issues, however. It works, but leaves traces of where it's been. Not bad for a first effort by the guy over there.

I ended up going back to 6.1. Not sure 6.5 is actually any better if you're running a thorough shell like I am.
Can you post a link to that thread to download? I would like to try it....

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
No word on the official WM6.5. Many are concluding it will not happen. As the months roll by there are fewer and fewer EPIX owners clamoring for the update and less reason for SAMSUNG or AT&T to release it.

jwebb56

May 19, 2007
Visit site
My EPIX WM experience has not been bad but it hasn't been great either. As a result I am probably going to switch to Android or the iPhone later this year. It will all depend on the phone offerings from AT&T.

Cascade#IM

Nov 21, 2006
Visit site
It's here. Put up yesterday on Samsung's site. Same crappy upgrade experience as the last one, but it worked. Official 6.5 running smoothly.

no51

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
It's here. Put up yesterday on Samsung's site. Same crappy upgrade experience as the last one, but it worked. Official 6.5 running smoothly.

out of curiousity, what is the version/build number on the official rom?

Edit:
looks like build 21895.5.0.90
PDA: pi907UCJD1
PHONE: i907UCJD1

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimFromIL