Wordament now on iOS

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Microsoft just ticked me off.

I agree with this. For example, I installed Wordament in Windows 8. Microsoft treats the desktop version completely different from the Windows Phone version. I expected to see my achievements in the desktop version as they appeared in the phone version; however, the desktop version is completely segregated--I have to start from scratch to get achievements I already had on the phone version in the desktop version. What fun is that?

Why didn't Microsoft allow seamless integration between the phone version and the desktop version?

I like this fact that even though they are the same game you get different achievements. I have double the achievements for ilomilo for Wp7 and Xbox. I don't have a problem with this at all.

I am pissed about all these devs bailing on Wp just as it launches wp8. Makes no sense to me at all to bail on a platform right when it launches a new version and is in the media all over the place.

I am also pissed that Wordament's move to iOS WITH achievements. Why the heck am I bothering with a "lesser" platform of WP if they are just going to give ios/android everything we get?

I love my Samsung Focus and Wp7 and have been a Wp user since day one. But this change is a fundamental one.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I dought very much that a wordament game would have persuaded someone to switch to Windows from ios or android. Its just a game. If anyone switches its going to be because their board with there current ecosystem.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The problem is with the achievements being ported over. It's great for the game to go cross platform, makes it far more fun (and I'm getting better percentages!).

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It seems like Microsoft has given up on their own Windows Phones and realized its better to make money off of the software and apps than try to capture of the phone marketshare

jfmanzo

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. Besides the game so far is only playable in English. The game is basicly unknown to everyone but people in America and England.

I never even heard about the game before visiting this forum.

Think most Europeans play Wordfeud which is available in a multitude of languages.

Wordament is absolutely available in several non-English languages. I've played hundreds of rounds in German for example.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't take issue with it on iOS, but do take issue with the iOS version giving XBL achievements... They should have stuck with those iOS achievements that no one cares about, at least no one that I know on iOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124