Would you buy a 5.3 inch Windows Phone (like the Galaxy Note?)

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the bigger screens are being driven by the need for bigger batteries to feed LTE antennas more than anything else, the manufacturers are just doing a good job of "selling" it to consumers.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably not. I wouldn't say never but my 900 seems like the perfect size for me right now. Any bigger and it'd start being really bulky in my pocket, especially with a case.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
That is way to big for a phone. I travel in a lot of bad places, so I want my phone hidden in my pocket and anything over 4"'s or so is way to big.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I do not see my hands getting any bigger any time soon, but, I do see my eyes getting worse over time. So that is where a bigger screen would come in handy..Once eyesight goes bad.

Else anything really over 4.8 is too big and start's getting into the phablet area..

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Or, similarly, a Windows 8 phone in that form factor? I have read rumors of Samsung and Nokia about a "hybrid device" and I am hoping that is what they are talking about. I am rocking a Samsung Focus right now, and used to have a Titan (screen shattered). That Titan gave me a taste of what I am really looking for, and I'm super attracted to the Galaxy Note and hoping that with Apollo we might get a device this size.

Four inches is fine.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I see a lot of small people (women, mostly... weird) using those (Galaxy Note) at the mall. They look ridiculous with those monsters to their ears, in my opinion.

It kind of makes me remember those times with the Nokia NGage and "taco talking" or something like that.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely not. 5+ inches is ridiculously large for a phone. Besides, I thought one of the benefits of the Metro interface and live tiles was that it would look great and be easy to use on smaller screens.

d3ac0n

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Gimme a WP8 with Wacom digitizer and stylus support and I 'll be all over it. It's the ONLY thing I miss on my workphone :cool:

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a large screen, large format phone. I'd like to see it with a stylus and options that could turn it into a portable small format tablet similar to how I used to use my PDA's

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital