WP 8.1 update 1 not meant for me.Is it for you?

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Speaking truth my experience had not changed with WP 8.1 update 1.

The first thing "folders"-.I hate folder feature on android which would open a pop up of all apps grouped in it.But I just love the same feature on my WP which would just list the apps at the bottom of the folder rather than a pop up and even this would increase my time of navigating to apps from folders(This sounds crazy for you all)

The second "apps corner"-Not worried about any of my personal even if my phone is with any one around me(friends).My wallet is password protected and I don't use what's app,facebook or any other social apps.So no increase in my experience with WP update 1.may be for you

The third "accessory apps"- sounds appealing to me.I am just budget phone user and not in the mind set of getting a smart watch or any other smart device.Learning how to use adruino and this feature may help me to easily manage my device.

I have a Wi-Fi connection at my house but where as I need to change the default IP address in order to connect to my university wi-fi.The only basic feature that I currently need which is not yet available in WP.

How is your experience with your WP 8.1 update 1

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
re: WP 8.1 update 1 not meant for me...how is it or you?

I hope you aren't doing a degree in English :love:

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

You took that on the chin (English phrase for you took it well) and my apologies for joking with you :sweaty:

I am still on 8 on my 1520, owing to the sluggishness of a UK carrier called Vodafone so although your English isn't fantastic, you are streets ahead of me on your WP.

Bob

osallent

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

The smartwatch thing is not for me either. I usually wear a couple of other Swiss brands most people here have probably never heard of. There is no way I am going to swap a classy Swiss watch for that. Besides, I have yet to see a compelling case for needing a smartwatch. All the smart watches I've seen so far only work in combination with a smartphone, and you have to have the smartphone nearby to sync up. That to me is not a must have gadget, but rather something to have if I wasn't really heavily invested into proper watches and wanted to own my first watch, or a watch after years of not wearing one.

But if it gets you to own a watch, good for you. I suppose as someone interested in horology, I should be celebrating smartwatches if it means more people will wear watches, even if they are not the ones that strike my fancy.

Last edited:

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 update 1 not meant for me...how is it or you?

Folders is what I love most with Update 1. I compiled my games into a separate folder. Now my start screen is shorter and it doesn't take that many swipes to reach the end where I keep my toolkit (flashlight, ruler, converter, etc).

Most features are not that useful to me for now, but it's good to have them, just in case I get a smartwatch in the future. It wouldn't hurt to have them and it's also good to know that MS is working good on bringing new features to WP users.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
You took that on the chin (English phrase for you took it well) and my apologies for joking with you :sweaty:

I am still on 8 on my 1520, owing to the sluggishness of a UK carrier called Vodafone so although your English isn't fantastic, you are streets ahead of me on your WP.

Bob

Mine an Indian carrier so called Vodafone

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes