WP8 and the cloud

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if WP8 will support cloud storage like crApple does? I mean can I back up all purchased music from Xbox music(Zune) in the cloud, skydrive?

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if WP8 will support cloud storage like crApple does? I mean can I back up all purchased music from Xbox music(Zune) in the cloud, skydrive?
Don't call it crApple... I love Microsoft, but WP features are so far behind iOS, that calling it crApple would be a proof of blindness... Now that it have been said... We are not quite sure if the Cloud storage will be as effective or better than Apple's iCloud, which is great, don't denigrate...

Last edited:

bensun6

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't call it crApple... I love Microsoft, but WP features are so far behind iOS, that calling it crApple would be a proof of blindness... Now that it have been said... We are not quite sure if the Cloud storage will be as effective or better than what Apple's iCloud, which is great, don't denigrate...
Here's a break down what features that other clouds have (that I care about) and someone pls elaborate on WP's offer

Apple
Automatic photo back up and sharing with connected device
App sync between devices - game saves, data, etc
Everything backup - incase I reformat my phone I can do a full restore
Some form of Music playback
Find lost phone

Google
Apps can be downloaded from web browser store and be pushed to the device

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Don't call it crApple... I love Microsoft, but WP features are so far behind iOS, that calling it crApple would be a proof of blindness... Now that it have been said... We are not quite sure if the Cloud storage will be as effective or better than Apple's iCloud, which is great, don't denigrate...
Actually this is purely subjective, someone can argue that WP is ahead of iOS.
For example there is still no way to force the web browser to display desktop sites in iOS, in WP you can. In iTunes all songs cost money and must be downloaded a la carte or by album with only a :30 preview, on WP you can stream and download full songs for a monthly fee. There's also sp many things you need an app for in iOS when in WP its all integrated.

Here's a break down what features that other clouds have (that I care about) and someone pls elaborate on WP's offer

Apple
Automatic photo back up and sharing with connected device
App sync between devices - game saves, data, etc
Everything backup - incase I reformat my phone I can do a full restore
Some form of Music playback
Find lost phone

Google
Apps can be downloaded from web browser store and be pushed to the device

All of this can already be done the rest is coming in WP8

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Again, ios is very popular but to me crApple will always be crApple.

So, will we see a cloud based music service from ms in 8?

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You will have the following sync'd in WP8 (as you configure). This will sync with W8 and eventually Xbox:

Contacts
App list + settings
Games Settings/Saved Games
Calendar
MMS/SMS
Photos/Videos
Music

Skydrive already trumps iCloud in functionality, its just getting all those thing sync'd which we were waiting for.

Music streaming is something we think is coming (something like itunes match perhaps?), but they haven't made announcements (yet).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05