WP8 and the Essential Qualities of a Phone

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So I'm not that brilliant when it comes to understanding all the tiny specs spread everywhere concerning the new WP8 phones. But let's take my question back to what a cell phone was originally meant for. Making Calls/Sending Text Messages.

Can anyone give a basic picture of how the next generation of WP8 is looking in terms of quality for speaker quality (for sending and receiving voice audio while making a call)
and how has the ability for the phones to obtain reception improved over the years? (antennae quality)

It can have all the features and sexiness that new phones deserve, but if it can't do the simple things what's the point? How are the basics improving? I haven't heard any of that even addressed with all the hype lately. Naturally it is hard to truly address such aspects because of the many variables affecting these basic qualities (such as your carrier and actual hands-on experience with each individual phone) but I'm talking from a pure technological perspective how has it all improved, make sense?

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
sadly people don't speak anymore. they text,tweet,IM,email,post to facebook.anything but talk. the audio only counts for music. that said given some critisism of the audio and voice on previous generations of wp7 in the htc camp and the announcement of additional amps in the speaker system i would expect they have made sure they have closed that avenue of complaint but untill the devices are released and in the hands of the public there is no saying for sure.personaly all my htc's have been spot on sound wise as a phone.

It's so true. While I'm all for all the fantastic designing and new technology, if I need to call the police I want to be sure I can talk on my phone lmao... :D

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, Nokia's reputation as a maker of phones that function as phones is still there, and my Lumia 900 never did drop a call on my end.

Still, the L920 has a lot of stuff in it so all bets are off for now.

As for HTC and Samsung, never thought they were good at calls, but as the One X used polycarbonate and had mixed reviews (google HTC One X call quality), and Samsung's S3 didn't fare better too. Besides, your provider matters, no? No phone will be good enough if you can't get a signal from your cell tower.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs