WP8 IE issue: links are not loading new windows for some websites.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Friends,
I was trying to navigate through my organization's intranet website. I have noticed that links inside the home page are not opening up (a new web page/window is not loading after clicking on any link). It works fine when I do the same in PC. Any thoughts?
The same thing happened with a bank's website. It was not opening up a new window after I clicked on Log in Button.

Not sure, if it has anything to do with signon, as the intranet site requires me to input my credentials.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I copied the absolute link from desktop and sent it through email to my phone. When I clicked on that link, it asked me to enter the credentials and after entering valid set of credentials, it showed me an error message that link can only be open in OS like Windows, Unix, Mac(All Desktop ones). That means, those links can work on PCs itself but not on Phones.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I copied the absolute link from desktop and sent it through email to my phone. When I clicked on that link, it asked me to enter the credentials and after entering valid set of credentials, it showed me an error message that link can only be open in OS like Windows, Unix, Mac(All Desktop ones). That means, those links can work on PCs itself but not on Phones.

Are those websites optimized for mobile ? I mean are you able to access them on other cell phones ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12